1. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

What are you procrastinating on when you come here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mallory, Feb 28, 2011.

Just thought it would be a fun chat thread to talk about what we're *really* supposed to be doing while we're writing our fiction and coming on to WF.

I'm currently writing an article about how polls ignore 3rd party candidates -- on Thursday night I stayed in the newslab til around midnight, and I meant to get stuff done, but I ended up writing 3,000 words on my horror novel.

Also, on a side note, I'm reading "Dreamcatcher" by Stephen King; whenever I pick up the book, let's just say nothing else productive happens for the rest of the night. :)

EDIT: I do like this site a lot and I come here in my free time when I'm just chilling at home. I'm just saying it also happens to be my favorite procrastination spot.

2. w176

w176 Contributor Contributor

I'm not really procrastinating anything, by going here. For me this is nice intellectual stimulation. Im not the procrastination types. Well unless it washing or cleaning the house. At times.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mallory

I mean don't get me wrong. I love this site too and I come here in my free time when I'm not out -- but I also spend my procrastination time here, too. :)

4. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

At the moment, surprisingly, I'm not procrastinating. But when I have to study... well, I'm here all the time. :p

5. Halcyon

Halcyon Contributor Contributor

You've caught me out Mallory. This site is pure procrastination for me. Procrastination from life's mundanities. Procrastination from putting my three little kids to bed. Procrastination from housework. Procrastination from getting into the garage and working out. Procrastination from walking my dog in a muddy field on a cold, dark night. And sometimes even procrastination from writing the next page of my novel, because, believe it or not, that does not always feel like the pleasure that it does at other times.

But I do occasionally come here for the right reasons. To interact; to catch up with some virtual friends; to have a little fun; or to help somebody who is desperate enough that my assistance may actually prove helpful to them. ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. Annûniel

Annûniel Contributor Contributor

Well, I'm bad about procrastination... >.>' So I can't say that I don't use this site for it! Though sometimes I come on here to just take a break. Or maybe that's just a nice way to say procrastinate, lol!

Mostly I'm procrastinating on chores (cleaning, cooking, and the like) and school works. Mostly the school works... X)

7. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Housework !! I am pretty good though by time I come on I have mostly given the kids 5/6 hours solid Mummy time - then I write until bedtime. However the house could do with TLC

1 person likes this.
  8. Mallory

Psh you haven't seen how gross my place is. :p

9. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

I'm procrastinating while on here from doing my writing, to try and help me to just do it, and to have a break. It's nice to come here when I'm not absorbed in my writing or dull aspects of my life. I like to call it productive procrastination.

10. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

I generally procrastinate from life, yep life. I'm a hermit, although tonight I will be heading out to a writing guild meeting to get absolutely nothing done there too. I'm not being negative it's just I'm a giant ball of procrastination lately, and although I've been spending a good deal more time here lately I can say I would be procrastinating anyway and it has nothing to do with the site. :p

*returns to my previous method of procrastination which was twiddling my thumbs*

11. Annûniel

And now I'm just trying to kill time before I have to leave for school. I think traffic will be bad since it's raining.

12. Mallory

Ew. :(

I like hot rain, actually (which Fla. has a lot of). I just hate cold rain. Especially when you're wearing long pants and it gets the ankles wet.

13. Annûniel

I love rain. I took a walk earlier and got drenched. It was nice, though I forgot my coat and got a bit cold. It was still very nice though. Getting outside helps me with my book too.

But people drive like idiots around here without the rain and then somehow it gets worse when it does.

14. Corbyn

The only thing I didn't like about florida was that you don't get season there though. In tampa it's just always hot n muggy .. the only thing that changes is the muggyness.. it was nice during a rain storm though.

15. Silver_Dragon

Silver_Dragon New Member

I'm currently procrastinating from writing. I don't have much motivation to get anything done at the moment, but I think after I'm done here, I'll make myself get back into my book. It's very close to being done.

16. Mallory

I'm in northern Florida so it gets pretty cold in winters. It was in the 40s for a couple months and got back into the 80s last week.

17. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

I really should clean my rabbit's cage and my cat looks like she wants something... right now that's the only thing though. Glad I don't have kids yet, lol. They would be so neglected. My cat and rabbit I can put on my lap, and they will quietly sit there and get petted while I do stuff on the computer, but I'm guessings kids have too much energy to take that :p

18. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

my presence here and on the two other writing sites i visit every day isn't procrastination, since i only do it to be helpful wherever i can...

after replying to my overnight email and 'doing' the forums every morning [7 days a week, no holidays, no vacations], the rest of my day is spent working with the aspiring writers from all parts of the world who send me material they need help with...

after that, i work on whatever current writing projects of my own need attending to, or start new ones...

19. Corbyn

I just didn't care for Tampa... mostly because the roomates family lives there, and mostly because I got stuck there for a time.

20. Mallory

Ah...makes sense. Bad roommie experiences?

21. Corbyn

^still having them... :(

22. Mallory

^ Ew. Sorry.

My only bad experiences are with the people who live in the unit across the hall from me: I can hear them....at night....they're loud. (They're nice though at least)

23. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    A 35 page essay on Kierkegaard.

24. Mallory

^ Ouch.

Press releases.

25. ~BORNtoWRITE~

~BORNtoWRITE~ New Member

SLEEP! Haha, I am supposed to be getting some shut eye before school tomorrow, but I can't find it in me to get some rest. So here I am, posting on your thread... Procrastinating. :)