Do you care now what people will say about you , after you die?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by paperbackwriter, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Wild Knight

Wild Knight Senior Member

That's why I'm burning some of my old journals. I don't know if I'll leave a legacy, but I can't help but to be concerned about what someone would think if they were to discover them.
    I only managed to burn one entry and a page that had fallen out so far, before I started coughing from the smoke because it began to fill up the whole living room. :meh:

paperbackwriter likes this.
  2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

No more than I care what they say as I slay them... :twisted:

3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Moose, he was good in bed
    Moose, always tried to do the right thing, even if he didn't always succeed
    Moose, who ?

One of those three I suspect

Rosacrvx and paperbackwriter like this.
  4. Privateer

Privateer Senior Member

Don't burn stuff inside, especially paper. It tends to break up, float around and set fire to other stuff.

On topic:

I want my children to want to tell their friends what kind of person I was. And their kids after them.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

I want someone to say they really liked me - with barbeque sauce, and a good lager!

Rosacrvx likes this.
  6. saxonslav

saxonslav Member

I would like them to exclaim in disgust and surprise as I do a naked backflip off a bridge into water, but other than that I don't care.

7. paperbackwriter

paperbackwriter Banned Contributor

Paper. You were one swell dude. Highly underrated or was that lowly overrated? One special person. one unique soul. You are a real credit to God. one of his finest creations. Not only were you God's gift to women but you were a real man's man. Now I don't mean gay in this case, although of course you had to fight off advances from both genders. Your magnetic charm and natural appeal was something we all took for granted. Until of course you popped off. Passed. Took your last inhale. Died. We are looking forward to your second coming. You're not quite the real messiah but very close to it.

8. paperbackwriter

paperbackwriter Banned Contributor

I hope at least one person says at least one good thing about me. What a shame to vanish from this earth unnoticed.

Alan Aspie likes this.
  9. XRD_author

XRD_author Banned

Not really. My post-life legacy is enshrined in the lives of the people I've helped .

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    paperbackwriter and Alan Aspie like this.
  10. Harmonices

Harmonices Senior Member

Fuck no!!

11. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

My legacy lives it's own life in my kids. It does not stop in that spot where I do. It is not limited the same way I am.

Legacy can be stationary, stale, dead... A monument without evolution and growth. I have no need to leave that.

Or...

Legacy can be evolving, growing, changing thing. That is the legacy I wanna leave.

I teach my kids to think. They decide they topics and viewpoints.

I teach my kinds the importance of values. They set they own value structures. I help, but I try not to manipulate or bully.

I teach my kids how to learn, study, seek information, weight information... They decide what kind of information they are interested and what they do with it.

I teach my kids how to behave, how to be responsible about their life, people around, weaker, stronger, lonely, lemmings... They pick their friends and peers and they take that position and responsibility they are able and willing to take.

I teach... they choose, they do, they go forward, becoming independent but never abandoned.

That is the legacy I want to leave. And it becomes not my but my kids legacy. While I give away what I can, I loose control and ownership. And that is good, extremely good thing.

My legacy is not my legacy but my kids legacy. And hopefully after that it becomes the legacy of their future kids.

And my legacy is from my father and before that...

paperbackwriter likes this.
  12. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

I came here to say the exact same thing but you beat me to it.

Some Guy, Alan Aspie and Harmonices like this.