Do You Feel a Print Dictionary and Thesaurus is a Good Thing for a Writer to Have on Hand?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by pensmightierthanthesword, Jan 30, 2017.

1. pensmightierthanthesword

pensmightierthanthesword Member

This right here. The fact that you can pull yourself back into your work is a gift and a discipline. I want some of what you're having.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I looked up heebees, claustrofounded, and matwoolf (just for fun) in my print dictionary. None of them were there, so I concluded that print dictionaries are useless. Maybe I should have tried the Farmer's Almanac.

:p

G.A. Kainne and Spencer1990 like this.
  3. sprirj

sprirj Senior Member

Surely it should be 'printed' not 'print' as in a hard copy of something, and not a dictionary of printing terms, ie. CMYK refers to the four colour printing process that makes up the full colour spectrum using a mix of inks Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Key (Black).

4. ToBeInspired

ToBeInspired Senior Member

Reading a dictionary would never hurt anyone. Unless you have no online capability I would stick to an online Thesaurus.