0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's stupid!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mith

mith New Member

novelblogs.com

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mith, Sep 1, 2008.

Hi all, I made a site called Novelblogs.com for the hell of it.
    I'm going to be putting some writing up there soon but kinda want to be able to read other people stuff easily too. I am looking to include a bunch of collaboration tools, mediawiki (hoping I can make private, shared and public versions for users).
    I was thinking there's got to be ways for authors to "self-publish" in an easy way with a large scale marketing method.
    I have a few ideas that could pay for the site and put money in authors pockets (shares in ad revenue, pub on demand, paid subscription model, print magazine, etc.). I know it might be like trying to poach users from here by posting this, but I don't have a BB up on the site (maybe in the future but not for now). So I hope it's okay. as I'm just looking to provide a resource.
    BTW, I'm pretty into open source and the whole mentality, so that's how I want to develop the site. As people use it and request features, I will add what I can and work with my fellow users to make it a great means of promoting oneself.