1. HM85

HM85 New Member

Help, do you have any naughty tales from the 1950's

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by HM85, Feb 26, 2011.

Hi Everyone,

I am currently writing a short play which is set in the 1950's. This is a musical containing all the old songs from the 1950's and earlier.
    Where I am struggling at the moment is that I am too young to know much about this era and in terms of research I am finding it hard coming across peoples personal memories of that day. Because I need to know about the naughty things that people wouldnt necessarily write about, but everyone on the street would talk about.

I am trying to write a short paragraph about 3things that a window cleaner saw when cleaning on his rounds in 1955. ' Gladys bent over her poss tub or running her clothes through the mangle in nothing but her birthday suit.' So references of that day?
    I am trying to make the script entertaining for people in their late 60's and over. So things that are going to make them go 'oh yeah'

If there is anyone old enough to remember that time period or if people can recall any stories that their grandparents had told them and wouldnt mind sharing that would be grand.