Do you think it's fair?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Felony, Nov 29, 2006.

1. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Okay, disclaimer: I am a teacher and I have been one for many years.

First: There is no such thing as a perfect teacher, just as there is no such thing as a perfect student.

Second: There are a lot of variables that have not been explained. A couple that come to mind are: What's the teacher's policy with respect to being on another site while there is classwork that needs to be completed/corrected? Has this been an issue with you and/or other students in the class?

If you're at fault, approaching the teacher privately and discussing the issue may be your best option. In the end, it may not make any difference with this particular grade, but it will demonstrate your ability to deal with an unfortunate situation in a mature manner. That certainly cannot hurt you. Stirring up trouble, hoping to get a few points out of it, while it may work for the moment (definately depending on the teacher) will probably have long term consequences. If you ever need a break, such is if there's a subjective test question that could go either way (or how much partial credit is earned) what will the result be? And will that result be repeated again and again?

Life outside of school is like that. On the job, doing what you're not supposed to be doing (goofing off while there is something that needs attention) can result in loss of employment, weaker evaluations, smaller pay raises, slower advancement, and weaker references when seeking employment elsewhere. If doing other than work related tasks (even if they take 2 seconds to accomplish) is a habit, long term consequences are inevitable.

And as Robert said earlier, Life isn't fair.

I wish you luck and hope things work out for you, and whatever happens you walk away from the experience a little wiser. Everyone stumbles in life, it's what we do after stumbling that determines who we are and how the world perceives us.

Terry

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Felony,

Sorry, I'd scanned the string, but did not see the "thread closed" comment. Still, what I said, I think is correct. I hope your situation worked out okay.

Terry

3. Felony

Felony New Member

*the gods sing* I am heard!!!! i have support!!!! just like the kind ari gave me!!! I thank you very much u make a very good point

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

apology accepted... but i'm no 'bro' bro!... i'm a mom of 7, grandma of 18...

next time, watch your temper and don't put yourself in a situation where you have to apologize, ok?

love and hugs, maia

5. Veronica0406

Veronica0406 New Member

Oh mom of 7! That makes you a hero in my books. :)

I am mom of 5.