Do You Write Alongside Music?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Skibbs, Oct 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Coffee Vampire

Coffee Vampire New Member

I can't write without music!! I find the words just flow so much easier and coherently when I have something in my ears, though what I listen to varies with mood and scene. I have a playlist set up on youtube and it's magical on shuffle - I had to write a death scene and 'Kneel for No Man' by Ramin Djawadi (GoT OST) came on without me realising 'til after and I was an emotional wreck when by the time I finished. :superlaugh:

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I never used to be able to write to music, except for white noise, waterfalls etc, but lately I've been listening to a lot of Bruce Springsteen while I'm writing. Ive also found I can listen to the joanna penn podcast while I'm writing

3. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

I've found a couple of "relaxing fantasy music" compilations on Youtube recently, and I've been listening to those while working on my fantasy WIP :)

4. Kitonie Bubblegum

Kitonie Bubblegum Member

I listen to music most days, almost all day. I can write with or without music, if I do it's usually while I'm wearing headphones so I really don't hear anything around me. Little noises distract me and in general I get distracted easily so the music puts me in a trance and I can write and write. I have multiple playlists for writing so I don't get bored of what I'm listening to.

I listen to a lot of different types of music, if anyone has anything awesome, feel free to share with me! :)