Tags:
  1. Write4Fun22

Write4Fun22 Banned

Mutant zombie ideas

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Write4Fun22, Jul 1, 2018.

What are some possibilities that could make zombies and mutated creatures unique so it's not copying series like TWD, WWZ, zombie games, other shows, movies and stuff?

What are some possible abilities a cybernetic soldier combined with mutant zombie powers could be capable of doing?

2. GrJs

GrJs Active Member

Seems like your last question is talking about cyborg vampires.

Oh, a cyborg vampire task force for cleaning up supernatural or potentially world ending threats. Zombies just so happen to be their latest job and they need to be fully decapitated to be stopped but they don’t actually die from that. Their body is useless but now they’re just a decaying head.

All zombie matter is removed from the planet, burning their bodies just allows the virus to spread on the wind so they’ve gotta pack it all into a ship and launch it into the sun or something.

Obviously it’s trial and error for finding out that burning the zombies isn’t enough and they have to exterminate a large population to right the spread created by wind blown zombie stuff.

Called the Exterminators.

3. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

It would be really difficult to come up with anything truly unique with zombies. There is so much already out there and the whole zombie thing has been done so many times and in so many ways that it would be difficult to find anything which doesn't already exist. If you want to write something original, zombies might not be the best starting point. But if you really want to write about zombies and want it to be original, you could try taking one of the existing zombie tropes and subverting it. For example, the movie "Aaah! Zombies!" took the trope of the slow, shambling zombie and flipped it by making most of the film take place from the perspective of the zombies, to whom other people appeared to be running around and talking in squeaky high-pitched voices. It was a stupid film, but it was quite funny and showed that even the oldest zombie tropes can be freshened up in a more original way. Good luck!

SolZephyr likes this.
  4. Write4Fun22

Write4Fun22 Banned

I don't know much about cyborg vampires. Would they be willing to kill zombies? I thought of my MC being a cyborg mutant soldier cause I figured a mutant cyborg would be pretty strong but I guess a vampire one could be just as strong. Is a mutant the same as a vampire?

One of my original ideas was to have the MC who's not only a cyborg soldier but also a zombie from the drug enhancer that was placed in him that affects those onto zombies that combined with his cybernetic parts, rather making him into a cyborg mutant zombie soldier with super zombie strength who's not like the regular zombies. He would be fighting against those who want to take out zombies and he would be fighting and killing other zombies since he's still just as much a target o them but they obviously couldn't kill him like an ordinary human. He's super advanced an not an ordinary zombie. But he has the strength of like 200 zombies combined and he's sort of the undead but not really. Is this original?

5. mashers

It certainly seems like an original idea. I’m not sure how much sense it makes though. Zombies are completely lacking in cognitive functioning. They’re dead. They can’t really do anything except the most basic functions (I.e. moving and eating). If you’re planning to have a main character who is a zombie but is able to do other things (like thinking, communicating and acting intentionally) then you’ll have to show somehow how he is able to do that. Perhaps one of his cybernetic implants replaces those functions in his brain. But then, if you have to compensate for those aspects of zombie-ism, why make him a zombie at all? Why not just a cyborg soldier?

6. GrJs

GrJs Active Member

I generally associate mutant with marvel style superpowers or some kind of quirk in their DNA that makes them a spectacle to the general public.

Vampires are an entirely different species in my view but it ultimately depends on how you see them.

As for cyborg soldier with zombie abilities, I went to vampires because they’re essentially zombies with higher brain function and an appetite for blood rather than brains. They’ve got the stamina and the strength to match and over shoot the average zombie. Other differences really only include what can and cannot kill them. Decapitation will kill a zombie but a vampire can reform or regenerate.

How sentient are your average zombies in your story? If they’re like normal people then they’re pretty much ghouls, check out Tokyo Ghoul if you haven’t seen or heard of it. I’d suggest reading the wiki though, just to get an overview of what they are. If you’re into horror and don’t mind graphic violence than you should read it. It’s a manga.

7. Write4Fun22

Write4Fun22 Banned

I was kind of thinking along the lines of the show IZombie where the girl and a few other characters are zombies but are special compared to the brainless undead ones where they have twice the strength of regular zombies I think but can also outthink, act, walk and talk like humans, are skilled at fighting, etc. They're like super strong smart zombies if you had to put it someway. My MC would be like this combined with his cybernetic enhancements. If the zombie idea is too much of a stretch then I wouldn't risk it. The idea of the MC still being a cybernetic enhanced soldier fighting zombies would still be cool.

That actually makes more sense now cause vampires are much stronger and mote intelligent than zombies, faster, stamina and can easily regenerate a ton more compared to zombies. I think zombies are just hard to kill unless you get them in the head but not able to regenerate. I guess a cybernetic enhanced vampire soldier could work. Does that mean he'd have to be pale and have a super craving for blood? Could a cybernetic werewolf soldier work or is that not on the same level?

The zombies are a mix of different kinds of tropes like some are like the walkers who are typically slow, others move faster and more vicious, some are augmented with cyber tech attached to them which gives them more abilities, others can sort of use weapons even though they're still practically brain dead, some have a mutated parasite's in them that are very monstrous, even some bug -like creature zombies and ritual voodoo cult like zombies. I never read the manga of Tokyo Goul but watched some of it. That would be how some of the zombies are like.

8. mashers

If I remember correctly, the characters in iZombie were only part zombie. I might be misremembering. But that kind of demi-zombie could work.

9. Write4Fun22

Write4Fun22 Banned

Yeah something like that. Maybe a demi-zombie vampire cyborg soldier mix?

10. mashers

I think it depends what feel you’re going for. Demi-zombie-vampire-cyborg-soldier would make me think the story was tongue-in-cheek. If you’re intending it to be serious you might need to pick just a couple of those attributes otherwise I’m not sure it will be taken seriously. Of course if you’re just writing for the fun of it, then go for it! Create your demi-zombie-vampire-cyborg-soldier!

11. Write4Fun22

Write4Fun22 Banned

Nah this story I wanted a little more serious but still have lighthearted moments. I don't want it turned into a comical gimmicks fest so maybe I should go with half cyborg enhancement vampire soldier. It just seems like vampire would be more intriguing and vampire just screams more badass where zombie just seems like something you'd have more fun killing than being one.

I watched this episode on that show about the vs tropes and there was zombies vs vampires and those 3 vampires looked badass fighting off those horde of zombies. That plus a cybernetic soldier for my MC could be awesome.

As long as this isn't copying Blade since I think he's a cyborg vampire.

12. GrJs

GrJs Active Member

Doesn’t have to be pale if you don’t want him to be, you just have to take into account the lack of blood movement. White people get pale with no blood, Black people get ashen? Just a duller version of their healthy skin tone.

Werewolves are typically more vulnerable than vampires are because they’re still alive. They have enhanced strength and senses. But it also depends on what kind of werewolf you mean, actually physically chaniging into a wolf or something more along the lines of Harry Potter and Supernatural verse lycanthropy curse. Also, you’d have to account for the physical act of morphing into the werewolf with your cybernetic implants.

13. Write4Fun22

Write4Fun22 Banned

I think the cyborg soldier vampire could work cause he'd have that super strength abilities and be easier to combine with the cybernetic aspects since werewolves probably wouldn't work well with cybernetics since they already have shapeshifting abilities which already makes them strong enough and cybernetics would probably interfere with their shapeshifting.

I don't think the MC would need to be so pale, you're right. It depends on his body type genes, since he's half South American he has a natural darker tone and maybe I could have the cybernetics play a part on how it affects his dna.

Oh and I have to figure a way he won't be so vulnerable to sunlight. Does he have to be?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  14. Write4Fun22

Write4Fun22 Banned

I just thought of something, why couldn't he be a mix of werewolf and vampire DNA? It would give him super enhanced abilities to fight off zombies even more and shouldn't be a problem with his cybernetic implants. Can this be feasible?