Tags:
  1. AuraTodd

AuraTodd New Member

Does anyone know this Mary Danby book?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by AuraTodd, Dec 9, 2010.

I am looking for a story which I read many years ago about a boy called Tim who lived in the Victorian era at a school. It starts off with 'when the moon peers in through the window' and talks about a girl going to an older part of her school and seeing a boy in a red jersey who climes in and out of a box before vanishing by a cupboard. Two teachers go to investigate after schoo and find a diary in a hidden cupboard where they almost get trapped. The diary is written by the Victorian headmaster about Tim and how he froze to death.

If anyone knows this story and which ghost book it was in, can they tell me what it is please? Many thanks.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

have you checked her bibliography?
    googled for her?

here's someone who may be able to answer that for you... i found him with a split-second of googling:
    http://simonmarshalljones.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/musings-on-mary-danby/

or the bloke mentioned here:
    http://davidandrewriley.blogspot.com/2010/04/horror-fiction-of-mary-danby.html

you can even find it yourself here, by simply clicking on each title till you find your opening line:
    http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?Mary%20Danby

you just need to do a bit of googling, not merely ask on writing sites, which takes a lot more time and energy for both you and the kind souls who are sucker enough to do it for you... [such as moi-meme! ;-) ]

love and hugs, maia

3. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

I think it might be in the Bumper Book of Ghost Stories - I know I normally have it on my shelves but everything is packed up.

British Horror Anthology hell seems to have a good list of her things.

4. AuraTodd

AuraTodd New Member

Thank you very much for that. I am in my mid twenties, am I too old to start collecting her books please?

5. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

I'm 34 and Bumper Book of Ghost Stories (she edited it lol) is not on the kids shelf. I have a collection of her stuff, as well as Enid Blyton, Narnia pop-up book etc that stay on Mummy's special shelf :)

6. Lothgar

Lothgar New Member

You are only "Too Old" when you are dead. :)

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

so, did you find what you were looking for in any of those places i gave you links to?