1. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

Crossing genres

Discussion in 'Research' started by Chinspinner, Nov 7, 2015.

Hi,

I was reading a children's book that was largely pictures with captions. I have always been interested in crossing genres, and I wondered it it was possible to have a picture book, involving adult content. Rather than "Spot ran over there" it would involve dialogue actually emanating from the character's mouths. And I thought I could tell a more immersive story by increasing the number of pictures on each page.

Do you think this is a genre that can be mixed? Or am I barking up a dead horse?

Any comments helpful.

2. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

Erotic Comics?
    You can do that, it will simply greatly increase your expenses and you will need to aim it towards a different crowd.

Sounds like a higher risk, but also a fine way to stand out among the crowd.

3. Christine Ralston

Christine Ralston Active Member

Sounds like a graphic novel to me.

4. Inks

Inks Senior Member

"Adult" does not always refer to sexuality, Erez.

The whole point of "captions" rather than just dialogue from the characters makes me think not of Western-style graphic novels, but some Korean manwha. It works, but a book might be different. Just please avoid the sewer-people one, that scared me.