1. Lorddread

Lorddread Member

We Six.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Lorddread, Aug 7, 2011.

Okay far future, like 5500. Humanity has perfected artifical wormholes, and spread all over the universe. Aliens exist, but no real contact exists due to them all being far to different. Human is now an umbrella term applying to thousands of races derived from Homo Sapien, in addition to loads of other created creatures. There was a corporation, they decided to create the perfect soldiers. They created six babies, their genomes made from stratch. They possesed enhanced strength, speed, healing, durability, reflexes, senses and mental functions and could even spit acid, they were sent on their first mission at the age of three. But when they were ten, public outcry caused their creator's corporation to go under, the kid's were going to be euthanized. But they escaped, stole a ship, and now they seek a new home.

The kid's are.

Alex

Jen

Rob

Will

Mauren

And Annie.

Sound interesting?

2. [Insert imagination here]

[Insert imagination here] New Member

Yes, I really like the idea of different races descended from what we think of as humans. How different are they going to be though? You say there are hundreds of races so I'm guessing theres quite alot of variation, but I'm not sure 3000 years is enough for that (key word here is not sure, but I always thought that people from a few thousand years ago were pretty much like us, just a bit smaller. e.g. Jesus). If it's just lots of minor differences that would be fine though.

Also, is the book about them as ten year olds or is that just when they first escape?

3. AurorSeeker

AurorSeeker New Member

what does the corp build army for? are they going to war the aliens? i just want to know if there's any reason for they building an army, :) anyway,that's nice idea you have, cant wait to read the project if you want to post them :D

4. beaver777

beaver777 New Member

There's already a short story called We Three by Dean Koontz, which has kids with superpowers. Just a heads up concerning the title. :)

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has all been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read What is Plot Creation and Development?

6. Lorddread

Lorddread Member

It's them from age ten to age thirteen. And there's not even any military conflict between man and aliens. And the kid's were mean't to be good at anything involing killing. Any other ways the kid's could be enhanced? And about the human descended races, genetic tweaking was involved.

7. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Sounds like a good plot now you just have to write it well :)

8. PeterC

PeterC Active Member

It is easy to imagine that the variations were created by way of genetic engineering. Based on the concept given I don't think it's necessary to follow evolution's natural time table here.

9. Lorddread

Lorddread Member

So, what seems like a reasonable degree of superhuman strength, speed, intellect ectera?