1. Fivvle

Fivvle Member

Have you ever done this?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Fivvle, Oct 19, 2012.

Okay guys, I just wanted to tell you something I thought was pretty funny.

While looking over a scene I had written, I realized I had forgotten an entire character from it. He didn't exist for 90% of the scene, which made me actually laugh out loud because this particular scene was very important to his development.

I've heard of someone writing an entire novel before realizing he left out an entire character.

So I want to know, have you ever forgotten an entire character for part of your story? Or your whole novel!?:eek:

2. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan New Member

This happened particularly in my early writing, and in my case, I think it was indicative of how much said character didn't matter in the story and needed to be removed - or at least for that scene. Either that or that the scene wasn't interesting enough yet or something.

3. Fivvle

Fivvle Member

Mhmm. Mhmm. I was thinking the same thing about what I wrote. It means something if I forgot a whole character.

4. reviloennik

reviloennik New Member

Yes, get rid of the character. Either he/she is not important to the story, or you as the author have lost interest in her/him. Either way, it's not looking good for the character. :)