1. Buggy

Buggy New Member

April Fool's Day Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Buggy, Apr 1, 2011.

Don't let yourself get punked! But on that note, anyone have any good ideas? I knew a woman who tricked her friend into thinking she was pregnant, even though she had no uterus!

2. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I don't have any big plans for tricks, but I put in my notice at work, and my last day was today. After I gave notice, it occurred to me that it would have made a pretty good prank if I weren't serious about leaving.

3. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

I always write a fake news report about something sports related and send it to my brother- one year about GSP retiring because he lost his 'riddum, or Luke Schen of the Leafs demanding a trade. I think for this year's Leafs goalie James Reimer will convert to Gnosticism and retreat into the desert...

4. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

I'm going to saran wrap the doorway into my brother's bedroom. So, when he goes in there. . . thwomp.

1 person likes this.
  5. Buggy

Buggy New Member

Haha does that work? That would be funny.

Agreen, that would be really cool if you sent one of your emails out to a bunch of people and it became a nationwide april fools trick!

hiddennovelist, you could go in tomorrow and say "Oh that was just an april fools joke" and as soon as everyone believes that you still work there go "APRIL FOOLS!"

I love april fools!

6. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

The Daily Mail had an unsubtle article about how sales of a perfume incorporating wet dog scent had taken off--obvious April Fool, although apparently not so obvious to the average DM reader.

7. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Contributor Contributor

. . . how? That's a pretty good trick.

8. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I was trying to find the AF article on the Daily Mail site. I eventually gave up, it could have been any of them.

One of the best ones I've seen today was an author friend of mine on Facebook announcing that he was going to be writing an upcoming christmas special of Doctor Who. He got rather a few congratulations before someone sussed it. Shows that the best AFs are the ones that have an air of believability to it.

9. madhoca

I just checked--the online front page is different now, but there was a pic of a white wet dog at the bottom this morning. Maybe they took it off at midday?

10. Banzai

Yet left the offensive bilge which usually fills their pages? Odd...

I've been trying to work out whether David Willetts' (Universities Minister) comments on feminism are an April Fool. Worryingly, I don't think they are...

11. madhoca

Never mind, while searching for the wet dog hoax I came across another about 'Moussa Koussa' which is hilarious.

edit: it's on twitpic.com

12. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

So at my work place, there was this nice looking pocketbook sitting on the bench near the bottle return machines. It was all alone, brown faux leather and of a medium size.

So my co-worker retrieves it (she was going to put it in the lost and found), opens the zipper, and guess what's inside?

Nothing. . . but a yellow sticky note that says, "April Fool."

13. Buggy

Buggy New Member

Thats true about the believability. My dad got me this morning by saying i'd slept through an earthquake, and what with all the recent events, and a bit of help from morning grogginess, I believed it! :(

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

15. Banzai

That one was too unbelievable though Cog. Everyone knows that you don't quit as a mod, you keep doing it until you have some manner of breakdown.

16. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

There was only one mod who left because of a breakdown, and there was a lot of other stuff going on before that.

17. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

I'm always getting "punked" at work because I'm the office's designated "gullible foreigner," and also because my supervisor thinks he's a wise guy.

He knows I keep a spare key at work because I'm always locking my car keys in the car and is too cheap can't afford AAA, so he had the balls to drive off with my car today, so that when I went out for lunch, I couldn't find it, and tore through both parking lots like a raving lunatic.

Ten minutes later I'm back in the office to report my missing vehical, only to hear him chirp on the intercom that he had received a call from a local Yoshinoya that "a red '93 toyota celica, overdue for a wash" was parked in their lot and would be towed away. My friend had to drive me to retrieve it.

Sure enough it was there, with "April's Fool" written on the rear window.

I wonder if he thought it out and actually intended to put this Japanese car that belonged to this Japanese girl in the parking lot of a place that originated in Japan.

Notwithstanding the fool's joke, I did enjoy the salty 6-pc sesame wings for 2.99 there.

18. Buggy

Buggy New Member

Nice one, Cogito!

Still Life, thats hilarious. Your supervisor must have put some thought into that.

I shaved my head a year ago, and I'm thinking of putting an old pic from that time on facebook and telling people I did it again!

19. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Someone told me that Ron Paul had dropped out of politics (I do a lot of campaign stuff for him) and I freaked out haha...

Wow, that thing about the boss and the car is hilarious...but he didn't have to worry about getting in trouble for it?

I'm thinking of all these pranks that would be really fun to do but it's too late now. :(

20. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

^Really? what a rotten thing to do...but phew, that's not true :)

21. Mallory

lol but it was a hilarious joke.

Tess told me about the prank she'd planned on your guys' brother lol!

22. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I always try and get at least one person. This year, was my oldest sister.

I went on FB and posted: "my little family is about to get even bigger. Turns out I don't have a stomach bug, I'm actually pregnant! That's Margaret and Mum off my back about getting pregnant again... ><"
    so only my two sisters would be able to see it. My other sister knew about the April fools. When I had my last child, before my partner told my parents and my sisters, he had posted photos on FB as he was over excited and didn't have their numbers because my phone was locked and we couldn't get into it. My oldest sister threw a hissy fit and ruined my sons birth for our family, so it was my way of getting revenge.

My partner actually had a lot of people convinced that the highly unpopular publisher, Dorchester, had sent him a contract. It was soooooooo funny! People were saying "No, read my blog before you sign" "read this post about them before you sign" "You do know they are not paying royalties and selling books without rights?" But he also got ten tonne of congrats. It was the perfect prank for a writer to do. :)

23. JTheGreat

JTheGreat New Member

I was a bit disappointed, since I was rarin' to stuff Oreos with toothpaste and give them to friends, but I forgot. In addition to the good ole' "your shoe's untied" trick, I did end up convincing my frenemy that I was interested in converting to his religion (The Jesus Christ Church of Latter-Day Saints). He was so overjoyed my guilt consumed any morbid amusement XD. My friends loved it, though.

In band we all switched instruments. I traded in my flute for a trumpet and actually made a decent sound, vibrato and all. I was so proud of myself XD.

1 person likes this.
  24. Mallory

Someone told my boyfriend, who is really into tech devices and Apple stuff, that Steve Jobs had decided to retire permanently.

25. marewolf

marewolf New Member

I think Kiersten White's blog post was my favorite on April Fool's.

Love her.