1. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

Greetings ! I'm new here. Treat me well :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PyrZern, May 15, 2013.

Hello folks.
    I am quite new here, so, here's my proper introduction.

I am from South East Asia, though now I reside in the US. So, English is my second language.
    I have written some stories before in my mother tongue, but I didn't like how literacy developed in my country, so I stopped. <_<"
    Hence, now I'm writing in English. It's hard, though. Apart from grammar and writing style, and what not; vocabulary is my biggest enemy. I don't read as much as I should, and my dictionary isn't large enough to cover what kind of stuff I want to write.

I'm mostly interested in Sci-Fi and Fantasy. Not just books or stories, but movies and animations and stuff as well. Big fan of Babylon 5 and Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis. Star Trek too and a lot more. :p
    And that's what I want my writing style to be; I want reading my fiction to be the same you would watch a movie of the same of story.

I also do 3d character graphic as a hobby, and learning how to do coding in C# as well.

You will see me mostly in the Writing Workshop, giving critiques. And waiting my 2 weeks period <_<"
    Gahh, the waiting. I already have a 2000-word prelude to my sci-fi fiction all typed up, which actually is being rewritten everyday as I learn new things from being here.

Pleased to meet you all.

2. Michael O

Michael O Member

Welcome aboard Pyr Zern.

Your writing....Had you not mentioned ESL, never would have known.

I joined ~ a month ago and many here can help you.

New Star Trek will be out soon. Think it's 3D.

Looking forward to seeing your posts.

3. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

I'm going to watch Star Trek : Into Darkness this weekend !

Oh, and just so you know, I'm forum addicted. I'm an active member on multiple online communities; ranging from several gaming sites, to online clan, and a few 3d artist forums, and now, a writing forum. Wheee !!

4. Michael O

Michael O Member

Ditto:)

I replied to your critique of my short story, "Hey Mister! You going Fishing?!

Thought you might find the information on illiteracy interesting but sad.

5. Michael O

Michael O Member

Like a kid in a candy store:)

6. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Welcome to the forums! My dad's friend lives in Redmond. We went up there a few years ago to visit him, and I had the chance to see the Microsoft campus while I was there. It seems like a really nice city.

7. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

Thanks ThirdWind. I like Redmond a lot. It's quite a nice city, not too crowded, but is well connected to larger cities nearby (Bellevue, Kirkland and Seattle.). Next time you should check out Google Campus too!

I'm not addicted to candies, though. But I do like things that are sweet, and not just sweets. xD
    Hey, Thanks for pointing out a few things you have there in Georgia, never would have thought.

8. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

Mmm! When do you find the time to write?;)

9. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

By making more time you have in a day :)
    Slowly, you increase it to 24hrs and a half, then 25 hrs. After that it's easier but takes longer to push further. 28hrs a day and you will really notice the improvement and start feeling glad you stick with it. At 32 hrs a day you will be super happy with yourself! It really pays off.