1. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Doomsday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ValianceInEnd, Mar 3, 2008.

New film coming out that looks absolutely awful. From the trailer and from clips, I can totally see that this is going to be an absolute flop. Not only that, but it totally rips off The Road Warrior and a little bit of 28 Weeks Later. I hope this is confined to the pits of film hell. If you want to check it out, here's the imdb page: http://imdb.com/title/tt0483607/

2. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

Wow, that does look like a complete copy of The Road Warrior judging by the pictures. The Road Warrior is quite possibly the greatest post-apocalyptic film ever made, so I certainly hope that this doesn't tarnish that name. In the mean time, they need to make a fourth Mad Max film.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

a mad max-ish ripoff, to be sure... with a nothing cast, except for bob hoskins and malcom macdowell [don't know what they were thinking!], i see this going straight to the video stores, if it's made/released at all...

4. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Believe it or not this is going to be in the theaters. But it'll probably not be there for very long anyways.

5. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I think it will do alright. Science fiction/action movies always seem to at least break even and pocket a couple of bucks while they're at it.

6. MarcG

MarcG New Member

It will probably do alright. I've heard a few people say they thought it looked cool.

7. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

This is funny, because I actually saw the ad for this last week, and my very, very first thought was: I can't wait to see every F this movie will undoubtedly receive in the newspaper.
    And now it seems I was not alone in my judgement. Yay.

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I think that it will be a flop. THey need to come up with new ideas. The idea behind this has been done before so maybe it is time that these fools found something new to make a movie about.

Though I have been told there are some good gore scenes in this one but sadly no where near as good as in 28 weeks later. I doubt I will waste my time watching this one to be honest.

9. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

yeah i think this film may just break even though it looks too much like mad max/28weeks later. jus looks like your modern lack of new ideas