1. Caverner

Caverner New Member

Doubts on copyright page

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by Caverner, Jul 15, 2019.

Hi there!

I have two doubts while finishing my book and both of them refer to the copyrigth place.

i) Should I use the same font as in the rest of the book. I know size is smaller, but regarding font, I used Garamond for the novel while I though Times New Roman may be a better option for the copyright page. Seems fine?

ii) When self-publishing in Amazon, how do I mention the editor copyright? I mean, copyright will appear as follows:

© Author, year
    © Editor, year (I am self-editing, should I just skip it?)
    © Graphic artist, book cover

So, should I just skipthe editor's line?

Thanks!

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

As the author, I'd never put the editor copyright in whether I was-self editing or not, barring special circumstances or an agreement with the editor to do so.

When it comes to the font and size, go with what looks best to you. You want it legible, of course, but if you think one font and size looks better than another in your book then use that.

Cave Troll likes this.
  3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I just use the standard text in vellum - and I never mention the editor although i do thank her in the back matter

Fonts should not be locked for ebooks as many readers like to change them on the ereader

4. Lew

Lew Contributor Contributor

I just took a professionally published (Simon & Schuster, etc) book and followed their format and layout. "Published by" can be yourself, or an LLC you set up for publications, a good idea anyway since you need to pay sales tax on hand sales. Or "Published via (not by) KDP, LSI, etc. and use their address. That way you don't advertise you are self-published, unless use your name in the LLC like Karen and I did. For "Printed In" just use USA or wherever. Also get a Library of Congress registration number, just because, again, it makes the copyright page look as professional as you can so it doesn't scream "self-published".