1. Jdragon

Jdragon New Member

Drawing your characters.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Jdragon, May 19, 2017.

I just joined and wanna give drawing your characters a go.

Comment descriptions of your characters.

zoupskim and ShannonH like this.
  2. QualityPen

QualityPen Member

Would love it if you gave this a go...
    This is one of the main characters in a series I am writing. He is in his early 20's in this description.

Lord Atheray was a man she always thought of as ‘dashing.’ He had lively eyes of vivid blue and gray, with vibrant green specks mixed in. His hair was golden-brown and short cut, though at that moment an expensive open-faced steel helmet hid it from view. He was clad in polished plate armor crafted in Tenelo, the finest armory in the world, or so he said. His helmet had a crest of bright red running from front to back. He was a knight, through and through.

3. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Perfect! All my characters are dragons. Use my avatar for reference. (I didn't draw it.)

Khrizans look like my avatar, but don't look inherently evil and they have bird-shaped feet instead of human-shaped feet as shown in my avatar.

They have claws instead of fingertips. Female horns are ivory smooth while male horns have spiral ridges along them like those of an antelope.

Khrizans are twice the size of humans, around 12 feet tall. They live to be twice the age of humans, just under 200. They reach adolescence in their twenties.

Alright, here are some characters:

Zarakharn: Tall, with red eyes. Body of a sixty year-old (read: thirty) with angular, majestic features. Has haughty appearance and appears menacing when he is glaring. Wears red imperial cape. The cape is cut into four strips that he ties around his waist and legs while flying. He also wears a silver helmet that frames his face. On his right palm is a symbol on the left and on the back of that same hand is the symbol on the right.

symbols.jpg

Zarakharn also wears a satchel on a bandolier and wears a sword. The sword is of dragon make, so the blade guard is S-shaped: part of the guard comes up along the blade and the other part comes down around the handle.

Zarakharn has a pet cobra who is often seen draped around his shoulders. Sartigar is a black cobra with yellow markings along his back and red glyphs on his hood that match the symbol on Zarakharn's palm (see left again).

4. Jdragon

Jdragon New Member

Attached Files:

zoupskim, QualityPen and ame_trine like this.
  5. ShannonH

ShannonH Senior Member Contest Winner 2023

Oh wow, this is pretty interesting. If you'd like to give one of mine a go:

Lydia could appreciate what she saw; Lachlan was flint-jawed, tall, tanned and very well built. He was a good bit older than her, at a guess she’d have put him in his mid to late forties. His full, dark head of hair seemed to show the first hint of greying at the temples and laughter lines marked the corner of each eye and furrowed his brow.

Jdragon likes this.
  6. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell Banned Contributor

Sir Grivus Termont. He has a massive forhead, a huge widow's peak, squinty eyes, elf ears, a long vulture like nose, lots of dark ragged hair worn in a sort of ponytail worn from the top of his head, held up by a long metal hair ornament. He has a gaunt face. He wears gloves and a medallion. He has veins all over his skin.

Jdragon likes this.
  7. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell Banned Contributor

I work in graphic novels instead of prose, so I'm interested in seeing how your interpretation compares to my version.

Myrrdoch and rktho like this.