1. Adam Bolander

Adam Bolander Senior Member

Weirdest Worldbuilding?

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Adam Bolander, Aug 21, 2020.

What's the weirdest bit of worldbuilding you've ever come up with?

For me, its probably the gromghars. They're an omnivorous race with two stomachs, one for meat and one for veggies. Both stomachs have their own digestive systems. What does that mean?

Two buttholes. One for meat poop, one for veggie poop.

They were supposed to be in The Gray Ranger: Unforgiven, but I decided to cut them since I had enough races. It just always stuck with me how THAT was where my mind went when I was making them.

CrimsonAngel and Lekhoni Acharya like this.
  2. Viserion

Viserion Senior Member

Wraith Spiders.

After the ancient magical wars, one of the Sorcerers was crippled and left for dead. He was drained of blood by a swarm of spiders, which then bred and mutated into a sentient hive mind of teleporting spiders. They can skitter between micro dimensions and phase through reality, and their webs are capable of trapping prey by contorting the fabric of spacetime. Wraith Spiders, fortunately, are still animalistic and not particularly hostile, as well as geographically limited.

Lekhoni Acharya likes this.
  3. nippy818

nippy818 Senior Member

Space Mormons fighting space templars hahaha, Oh and the hand of God bomb, Its a weapon that targets DNA originally designed to fight biological attacks before being weaponized against human DNA

4. CrimsonAngel

CrimsonAngel Banned

Lol what? That is ridiculous.

5. nippy818

nippy818 Senior Member

That's literally what my series is about, and its actually a serious book series too hahahaha

Fog likes this.