Tags:
  1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

You think the traffic is bad in your city?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GingerCoffee, Oct 8, 2015.

Sometimes words are inadequate:

edamame, Aaron DC and Ben414 like this.
  2. Ben414

Ben414 Contributor Contributor

I like how the only sound was the wind blowing in the background. Along with the smog, it gives off a strong dystopian vibe.

123456789 likes this.
  3. Aaron DC

Aaron DC Contributor Contributor

Such a shame they decided bicycles were lower class citizen transport devices.

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

That sometimes happens in my toilet. I have to call a plumber, a HAZMAT team, and a maid. Sometimes lots of maids.
    :eek:

ADreamer, 123456789 and Aaron DC like this.
  5. GingerCoffee

There's a lot to see there.

The road is so wide, and yet even without the bizarre bottle neck the road goes from 40-50 lanes wide to 5-6 lanes wide a short distance up the road.

Compared to the US there are very few semis and I don't see a single station wagon or pickup trucks. Correction there appear to be quite a few vans.

The cars are in relatively strait lines despite no lane lines being visible.

Whatever is going on just after those toll booths makes no sense. The road is blocked with funneling barriers yet some cars are leaking off to the right side going in lanes under the blue roof.

Ahead of the bottleneck the traffic is not a lot better even though the road widens again.

Who would have designed this road? Mind boggling.

6. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Where's Waldo?

GingerCoffee likes this.
  7. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Is this supposed to make me think my traffic is not bad? It IS bad. It's bull shit and it needs to stop.

#stopalltrafficnow

8. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Did you tip them extra acorns for their troubles? ;)

But seriously, damn... Really puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

9. ADreamer

ADreamer Banned Sock-Puppet

... Yep terrible. Try driving in India - you'll go home prematurely white if this is bad driving.

10. GingerCoffee

Yeah, saw some of that on Ice Road Trucker's Deadliest Roads, absolutely mind boggling both India and Peru.

11. ADreamer

ADreamer Banned Sock-Puppet

I've driven in India (or at least been driven). My uncle was doing an engineering job there and we [brothers & I] decided to visit. We didn't even make it out of the airport rental lot before someone t-boned the car and they were so in the wrong [threw up their hands when they realized what was happening instead of trying to avoid us] it is sort of laughable in hindsight.

Personally I find where I work now infested with terrible drivers. They speed (there's a number of them so retarded they will speed in the 50s zones and go much slower than the legal limit in the 80s zones), run red lights and tail gate, etc....

I mean there is a small hill that one has to go down to get into the downtown of the city - this is North America. On the right hand side of this road, at the bottom, there is a hospital that people turn left into to get to the parking lot. It is perfectly fine to let people go with the traffic coming down the hill has a red light - no one is moving. Twice now in a week I've had to honk two separate idiots that have stopped to let people into the hospital parking lot when we have the green light and traffic has long since cleared out... accident waiting to happen as the other people still coming down the hill [and they can barely handle it, it's a tiny hill with barely any real curves] are seeing the green light not the retard stopped in the middle of the road.

12. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

Wow. I don't have a car and only take public transportation. Yesterday, my bus took an hour to get over a bridge that was about 1 mile long...and I thought that was bad!

13. Australis

Australis Active Member

Pakistan is fun, particularly in a rickshaw from the airport. They actually do have lane markers, it's just that it's mere road decoration.

ADreamer likes this.