1. bobjob25

bobjob25 New Member

The 'Bloody Sock'

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bobjob25, Apr 28, 2007.

Just to clarify, I WAS rooting for the Red Sox over the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS. But, when I saw the bloody sock of Curt Schilling, I was not convinced. The announcers made such a big deal of it. Now, a few years later, Gary Thorne (an announcer I respect more than most) claims it was fake. I had thought that when it happened, and these new allegations don't really make me more or less sure. But I find it funny that it is brought up now. I really don't care for the BoSox (the only team I DO care about is my hometown Minnesota Twins) but this story makes me cringe. Why would someone fake this? Did he fake this? Makes me laugh, but I would love to hear your own ideas about this.

2. Myst

Myst Active Member

Yeah, what is it?

3. bobjob25

bobjob25 New Member

Oh I'm sorry for not clarifying. It is from the 2004 Major league Baseball World series. A pitcher had to have some sort of procedure song on his ankle and he decided to play through the injury throughout the playoffs. His sock was 'soaked' with blood and it rose sympathy for him and his team. The pitcher was Curt Schilling and you can find a lot about him and the even with a web browser search. I brought this up because for some reason I like baseball right now and this has been brought up on some forms of media, like ESPN and it's website.