1. Sayso

Sayso New Member

Editing work.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Sayso, Aug 30, 2007.

I've noticed that a few people edit suggested changes to their work and I was wondering if it would be better all round if we re-write our work following on in the same thread so that others can see the changes that have been made.
    I'm not sure if this would be possible in the story sections, due to length, but it might make it easier for things like poetry and lyrics.

What do you all think?

2. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

I guess that's more of a personal choice than rule, so I can only say that it's easier for people but their own choice.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Actually, Sayso, I've suggested that in the Review Room on several occasions.

1. The responses that come in for the original version may no longer make sense to later readers after the author edits the initial post.

2. If a new version is posted separately in the thread, later reviewers can compare the two version and judge whether changes made were truly beneficial.

Reviews are for everyone's benefit, not just the author's. It's instructive to watch the progress of a piece through review and revision, and therefore it's fairly important that later readers can see review comments in the context in which they were made. This also helps new reviewers learn to review effectively. because they can see the reviewers intent and focus more clearly as well.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

some people do that and some don't... guess it's a matter of what they feel like doing... shouldn't make it an edict, but mentioning the value of doing so wouldn't be amiss in the site's guidelines, if someone in authority wanted to do that...