1. Nomdeploom

Nomdeploom New Member

Ehhh, I hate these!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nomdeploom, Apr 16, 2022.

Not very original I guess but I do really hate talking about myself!

I am a 46 year old lady from N.E, Scotland.

I have not really written since high school, I joined the army fairly young and was badly injured and released. I came back to nowhere Scotland, married and had a daughter -19 years ago!! My disabilities became much worse and I was no longer able to work. For a long time my only purpose really was insuring my little me grew up to a point where I could let her do her own thing, then I kind of treaded water.
    I love to read, so from reading, I became an ARC reader for a few authors, mostly through Booksprout, from there I started emailing the authors saying excuse me you have a couple of spelling errors, and from there I became a Beta reader.
    I am now at a point where some authors trust me to add "extras" into the writing, not just the odd word here or there, but sentences and paragraphs, some don't and just prefer a I advise on plot points and here, or even just spelling and grammar. Essentially an unpaid editor I think.
    So now I come to here, and I have some ideas burbling away I really want to write, so I am here hoping to find, help, friendship and some laughs along the way.

(edit) Just realised for someone who hates talking about herself, I sure do drivel on!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  2. Catriona Grace

Catriona Grace Mind the thorns Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Welcome, lady, and thank you for the introduction.