1. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

The Walls of Visantium (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by halisme, Oct 13, 2017.

This is the discussion thread for the RP, basic rules.

1. No fixed post length. Do what you need to to move the plot along.
    2. GM will post every other day, if you have posted or not.
    3. Send the character sheet to the GM before posting it here.
    4. Be excellent to each other.
    5. I am going to be trying an experiment. Most RPs on the site are quite railroaded, which is something I want to go against as I want player choice and freedom to matter. In the GM's post, certain words will be written in bold, meaning that the GM has an interaction in mind for it, but it is not necessary to use it, and creativity from players will likely be rewarded.
    6. If you're having an issue, send a message to the GM and I will try to sort it.

zoupskim likes this.
  2. Verdict

Verdict New Member

This one looks interesting...I'll try it :D

3. Verdict

Verdict New Member

Unfortunately, I'm too exhausted to write anything tonight. I'll do the Character Sheet tomorrow. Gl

4. halisme

Okay, two people interested, is there a third?

5. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

You have my attention.

6. halisme

Cool. We have three. When I have character sheets I'll do the first post.

7. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I may be interested.

8. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Also interested. Still thinking of a character type

9. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Im totally game. I'm writing a character tonight.

10. zoupskim

Name:
    Tarron Dumah

Species: Human, although he rejects human customs and traditions, favoring the elvish customs of proper imperial citizens.

Equipment: Tarron wears a light version of standard Imperial plate armor. His gear is designed for longer skirmishes on horseback, or fighting in hills, or steppe terrain. When not kitted for battle, he wears standard Imperial army formal attire. He possesses a full set of cavalry armor, gear, and accouterments, and many different weapons. Besides soldier and riding gear, he owns nothing.

Skills:

Military Education: Tarron attended the Imperial War College, and graduated as an officer. He is well versed in the arts of war and modern military tactics.

Magimancy: A comfortable understanding of magic, and skill in the nullification of magical power, are just one of Tarron's many tools.

Sword: As expected of his station, Tarron is a master in the use of all double edged blade weapons, and duels regularly to hone his aptitude and skill.

Equestrianism: Years of fighting and commanding on the norther border has bred into Tarron a deep understanding and complete mastery of mounted combat. He is nearly a match for hardy steppe horse tribes, and is constantly practicing to improve himself.

------------

Background

Tarron Dumah is the only son of Taddron II Dumah, through his wife Levia. His father died fighting in a futile struggle of rebellion against the Imperial army. When they were defeated, the weight of punishment passed in propriety to Levia, and Tarron, who was still an infant at the time. Levia died in the imperial retribution, and Tarron was claimed by a nobleman, and sold into military service in the stead of the nobleman's son, at only five years old.

The penniless human serf took to the life of a soldier like fire.

Tarron surpassed his instructors expectations of a lowly slave soldier, and after five years rose to the rank of a sergeant, serving under a lower knight in the northern outposts skirting the fringes of Imperial territory. In his first battle, when attacking humans struck down his master, Tarron fought vigorously to defend the body. The elvish knights who drove the humans off found Tarron still standing sentinel over the armored corpse of his master. He only was fifteen years old.

Recognized for his bravery and aptitude, Tarron was appointed to the position of mark rider, and delivered messages and orders between battlefield commanders in the out lands. He served with honor for many years and earned the rank of road master, overseeing the security of the entire network of essential communications checkpoints and roads in the north. He proved himself again, when a treasury convoy was attack and pillaged by human brigands. Tarron led the raid to recover the imperial gold personally, and within ten days delivered the money to it's rightful destination, along with the quartered and skinned bodies of the thieves.

Tarron was allowed take the Imperial military examinations, usually reserved for noble boys who wanted to to attend the squire's school and begin a life of proper military service. Tarron passed easily and attended squire's school, where he excelled in military history, strategic theory, and equestrianism. He even attended mage school, achieving skill in Magimancy.

The human slave returned to the north an Imperial commander; a hardened general of the border guard. Though he owns no estate, and may sire no heirs, he rules his assigned territory with all the authority of a lord, and leads his soldiers with the understanding of a seasoned imperial officer. The dispute over the Visantium throne disgusts Tarron. There is only one rightful heir, and her name is Allisaine. Tarron has made his belief in this fact well known, to the detriment of some close friends and allies. When The Iron Hand called out, Tarron accepted gladly. Those who stand against rightful imperial rule should be crushed.

11. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Name: Klaus of the Hadrada Tribe, "Skaendsel"
    Race: Orc
    Appearance: Klaus is taller that the average Orc, standing at 8'4", yet he's much more lithe, making for a too awkward of an appearance. His face is covered with drops of dry Sap, the Orc equivalent of acne. His teeth and eyes are the only attractive qualities about him; with gleaming canines about an inch long and piercing blue eyes

Background: The firstborn son ofHadrada the tenth, Klaus was born to inherit the closest thing orcs could have to a Kingdom, a tribal alliance of about ten thousand men. His first years ofchildhood he remembers fondly, and then came the change.

Klaus has been a dreamy child, his mind was during off at the wrong moments. He was fascinated about the outside world, about the great cities built by the Empire and the insane inventions of the kobolds. That made him a terrible Orc, losing most of his game in a trail of thought, and his gangly body made him a poor fighter. By the age of twelve, Hadrada stoppedtalking to his son, thinking of him as a lost cause.

These years Klaus befriended an elven hermit named Darren. The man was a true wanderer. Having travelled around the Empire for two hundred years, the old elf knew more than Klaus ever dreamed of learning. He would spend hours each day talking to the old man about the world; geography, culture and, more than anything, magic.

These years Klaus began to notice something. How flowers would subtly turn towards him as he moved. He found out that if he focused enough, he could improve his physical attributes for short periods of time, and how climbing was far easier to him than to any Orc. WithDarren's encouragement, Klaus began developing his skills and fighting style,and his feats became more and more impressive. His mother slowly began toacknowledge his former embarrassment, until one day he brought home a bear that he killed with his bare hands (no pun intended). That day Hadrada announced a tournament to her son's honor.

The crowd cheered as Klaus beat opponent after opponent, while unarmed. After one especially exciting victory, Klausraised his hand. The cheering died immediately, as the crowd stared at the thorns sticking out of Klaus's knuckles.

Had his mother not intervened, Klaus would have died then and there. Hadrada gave him the name Skaendsel, meaningdisgrace, and converted his penalty from death to banishment.

On his way to the wild, Klaus was met byDarren, who revealed himself as an agent of the Hand, and offered the young Orc a place in the organisation. Having nothingbetter to do, Klaus agreed.

Equipment: Klaus doesn't carry anything on him, apart from extremely loose-fittingorcish tribal clothing, a tooth of every type of animal he killed tied to a string around his neck, and about three month'sworth of Hand salary.

Skills:
    Advanced unarmed training

Survivalism: While impressive in human standard, is average when compared to an orc.

Parkour

Arbormancy: While he can use his magic to control plants and orcs' bodies, Klaus doesn't have much practice in that field, and tries not to rely on it. Instead he uses his magic to augment his own physical attributes, making his skin harder and him faster and stranger, and using thewood around him to help him move, bypulling himself towards it and making it give him slight "pushes", (If anyone read Mistborn, it's a bit how they use metals to move themselves around), and healhimself

zoupskim likes this.
  12. sprb_skrbblz

sprb_skrbblz Active Member

soooo... is this game still gonna happen?...

13. halisme

It is, just uni is busy. I intend for this game to be a little slower paced as well than the usual ones.

zoupskim likes this.
  14. sprb_skrbblz

interesting... so I'm supposed to send you the character in your pm first?...

15. halisme

Yep.

16. zoupskim

There's interest. I check this often.

17. mmarage

Yep, and he just wants three people to begin with... we're just solving a few issues with my character before I am accepted.

zoupskim likes this.
  18. mmarage

Name: Joe Hightower
    Species: Elf
    Background: Joe was raised in a small farming community near the border of Visantium. Growing tired of his mundane little life, he left home at the age of 14, just a mere child, with the intent to seek out adventure. Of course, one cannot simply live without some means of work. He had a gift with kinemancy, and wasn't too bad with a scythe he had stolen when fleeing in the dead of night, so he became a mercenary.

Though... he wasn't quite your average mercenary. Instead of taking on jobs just for protection, taking care of dangerous beasts or bandits, or anything else you'd think of when thinking of the jobs a mercenary would take, he would take all sorts of jobs. If anything, he was more of a freelancer... assassination, carpentry, gathering, stealing, assisting with an every day job, really any job you could think of, he would do it, gaining more experience in a number of fields and with a number of weapons for employers with a... particular order.

As he gained more notoriety and was able to build more wealth to be more picky about his jobs, he would only start taking jobs that interested him. After an especially bloody spat between a large group of bandits and a lone defense of a village, he earned the nickname "Crimson Blade". Though he loathes the nickname and how he got it, he cannot deny that it at least gets him a decent amount of high profile and high paying jobs. Though, due to his youthful appearance, and just barely being considered an adult, no one really ever takes him seriously when he claims to be a notorious mercenary. It tends to be a bit of a sore spot with him...

The jobs he takes could be anything, really. He might accept the job because it would come with the opportunity to gain new knowledge or experience. The job may just be strange enough to pique his interest. It could be that he just pitied the client enough to deign his services necessary. It could be that he found the request challenging enough for him to want to conquer said challenge. It may just be that he is in the mood to take the request.

He tends to work on his own and never stays in one place for very long unless absolutely necessary. He has one rule with his clients, they mustn't betray him. If they lie about the request, if they try to double cross him, or stiff him of his payment, then they'll pay. It won't be quick, it won't be peaceful, there will be no forgiveness, and by the end they will beg for death. So long as they obey this one rule, then Joe will do all in his power to complete a request and never double cross his employer, if he fails, then he will give a full refund.

Joe isn't really part of the Hand by choice. Not technically at least, the Hand may or may not have discovered some of his more.... illicit job and gave him a choice. Either he goes to prison with the almost definite inevitability that he'd be executed or he joins them in exchange for his freedom. Seeing it more as a job offer than a threat, he accepted.

Equipment: Joe wears light clothing instead of armor, opting to be more . His staples are a black hooded cloak, and a special belt that is able to hold 20 throwing knives at a time, and is able to hold his scythe. The scythe itself is able to be folded down into a more compact form and attached to the back of his belt via magnets for quickly stowing it away or pulling it out for combat. He also tends to carry around a leather pack to carry around supplies, clothing, spare throwing knives, and money.
    Skills: Advanced Scythe Training - It was the first weapon Joe had ever used to defend himself, and took to it quickly, even going as far as to develop his own fighting style with it.
    Kinemancy - Using kinemancy, Joe uses it to send himself flying into and around the battlefield, keeping out of the way of opponents, or generating more force behind his attacks. He also uses it to give his throwing knives far more power and range than they normally would.
    Parkour - Joe's main advantage in combat is mobility. Being able to quickly climb quickly up buildings, trees, or really anything else. It also assists him in his work when there are requests where he needs to access places... not normally accessible to just anyone.
    Thievery - Being the type of mercenary he is, he has learned a few tricks to please certain clients that have more... specific tastes in their requests where an item which may or may not belong to them needs to come into their possession through... not so legal means.

19. halisme

First post should be on Tuesday.

20. halisme

My apologies if the opening is a little sparse, a lot to fit in and I didn't want it to be too long. Opening posts can be character introductions, and I will give more information on each area as you approach.

21. sprb_skrbblz

I'll send you a character soon...

22. mmarage

Woo! Finally done with my finals... basically. Have one more, but it's just a group discussion, so no biggie. Trying to think about how to begin this.

23. Kitonie Bubblegum

Kitonie Bubblegum Member

hello!

I was wondering if you are looking for any new people? A slow paced RP sounds perfect. :) @halisme

24. halisme

Always open for more.

25. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Is this still going to happen? I'd be interested if it is.