1. marty-daly86

marty-daly86 New Member

What's the criac?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by marty-daly86, Apr 24, 2016.

Hi,

I'm Marty, I'm Irish and I'm a gluten for punishment, hence why I choose writing as a hobby [​IMG]

I've been working on the same project for.....a while [​IMG] having put it on the back burner several times over the years, simply because of y,know life.
    I have completed two manuscripts of the same story over the years, neither of which really met my expectations.

So more recently, I've taught myself how to write a bloody book. So now I have a much clearer idea of how to put my story to paper and am just completing the final stages of the outline, yay for me! lol

I enjoy writing fantasy/supernatural so that is what ze book eez about!

So hello, it's nice to have contact with others who hear (characters) voices too [​IMG]

Cave Troll likes this.
  2. RavenHeart

RavenHeart Member

Hello! Nice to meet another fantasy/supernatural writer :)

Well done for finishing 2 manuscripts. Can I ask, did you ever start rewrites and edits on either before you started over with your story or were they so far from what you wanted you thought starting again was the only option?

Welcome! :supersmile:

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

The craic? The craic is what you make of it, laddie. :bigwink:

Perfunctory links: New Member Quick Start and Forum Rules

Read'um, yeah? Good. With that out of the way, you'll find plenty of like-minded writer here with whom to share. Enjoy!

Wrey :supercool:

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Welcome to the madhouse. The staff lets us beat each other with foam bats on Wednesdays for recreation. :supergrin::supergrin:(I wish it was Wednesday)

Well good luck, writing is a masochists hobby. :p C-ya around the forum.:p

5. marty-daly86

marty-daly86 New Member

Thanks for the welcome, yeah I did edit some, especially draft 2. I think the first half of it had at least ten drafts. But it never worked out and we broke up lol
    Neither copy really had the overall feel I wanted it to have. It seemed very contrived, my characters didn't feel natural. So hence the rewrite :).

Wednesday's sound fun btw lol