1. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman with a pen in hand Contributor

EmpressNyniris_PJ_RD

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by John-Wayne, Oct 10, 2018.

Well, time to start up a new Journal for my new Book, it's a continuation of Kristol of Ancea. however, now we are in the shoes of her daughter, Princess Iris.

Currently writing the Rough (By hand in a leather bound book).

I have the the first scences previously written but I am writing the prologue and I am getting a sense of Nyniris motivations for what will becoming.

Like her Mother, Nyniris is adventurous, outgoing and has a good head on her shoulders. However, she is lives in a world where women are not allowed to join the military and she has no throne to inherit. Feeling trapped, she begins to take risks, chances, risking her life for a thrill.

Then her moment comes, when the enemy from the north comes, putting Empress Kristol into a position she hates. War or a marriage between the middle aged emperor and her daughter, Princess Nyniris. But, before she can answer, Nyniris steps forward and accepts.

Why, What is going through her head, what is her plan that she is so willing to take such a risk, leaving the comfort and safety of her nation for one she is unfamiliar with. What sort of adventures and of course trouble will she get into.

only time will tell. :p

2. John-Wayne

It's only been a couple days, but the rough draft is going okay. I got the prologue done and chapter 1. They're short at the moment but this is a rough draft so I'm sure more will come as I write!! :supersmile:

I can't give a word count, since I'm writing by hand in a leather bound Journal. How all rough draft should be, LOL! As I write in it, I'm a little disappointed about the fact there isn't a leather-bound journal for KOA. But she does have three spiral notebooks for her writing. Future books, and the rewriting of my back burner WIP will be leather bound

So, what I have so far for this WIP, is we have a princess who feels trapped, she's talented, ambitious and can do nothing about it. She has no crown to inherit, and due to her gender is not allowed to join the military. She can be a strategist, however with no Crown to inherit she won't have any Authority to lead them. And by Crown, I mean dukedoms, monarchs and Imperial throne. The only way she could do it without a crown is to join the military, which she's not allowed to do

So when the opportunity arises, she takes it. Will it be dangerous, hell yeah. Is she put her life at risk, yep! But does she have a plan, well, she is her mother's daughter.

3. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Member

If you want to, you can count the words from few pages an get an estimate.

Or you can tell how many pages you have written if you want to.

I think that word count is more for the writer him/herself that to others. So... You can do anything if you want to.

John-Wayne likes this.
  4. John-Wayne

In case anyone is wondering, my new MC, the daughter of the previous MC lives in the society where ambition is rewarded however, negative ambition, IE plotting against others, backstabbing, murder to get ahead, are seen as corruption. And Corruption is punishable by Death, no matter who the person is.

So even if she wanted to, which she doesn't because she loves her brother, if she were to harm him in any way and it was discovered, cuz it would be, she would be executed.

5. John-Wayne

:superthink:, so this gave me an idea for something later in the story. I just want to make a note here so I don't forget, LOL