Ending.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by TheSerpantofNar, Feb 6, 2013.

1. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

Peachalulu, as a female, just how ridiculous a plot twist would it be for a previous lead character to leave Paradise to rescue a former lover who wanted him killed?

Would you petition the guy's Guardian Angel to go and get him, and really believe the guy would show up?

Yikes, most women can't get the guy to call them back the next day...

(If the lead character was me, I'd see if I could find a lawyer in Heaven--that in itself would make a great piece of fiction--and countersue on the precedent "until death do us part." Then I'd get a cold frosty glass of Ambrosia-Lite and go chase a good lookin' lady Seraphim.)

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Well, getting away from the technicalities that one couldn't leave Hell or Heaven after they die,
    I could see a certain type of guy ( cough - pushover ) leaving Paradise to find a gal who betrayed him a lot easier than a woman.

This reminds me of a scene in Vibes - Jeff Goldblum brings a woman up to his room, she pulls a knife
    on him and he darts behind a curtain, peeks and says -so I guess sex is out?
    One of my favorite lines ever!

3. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

LOL. As a knife sharpener, let me tell you that a curtain would not be my first choice for cover!

Push-over? Good night, Irene! Knowing the female character as I do (I dated her flesh and blood counterpart) my guess is she would throw the naive' lad into the full force fusillade of enemy gunfire thinking "If he lives, he lives--I'll kill him later."

However, knowing me as I do, I would have sent her my Guardian Angel with a return message...

"Dear former treacherous lover, Heaven is terrific, we have a great softball team here. You pitch Thursday. Sincerely, Your Friend, Guy Who Ain't Coming Back."