Enough is enough, ladies

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by Jack Asher, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ankoku Teion

Ankoku Teion Active Member

yes yes, agree with all of this, except for one technicality: no such thing as reverse-sexism, its just sexism, that is, discriminating against someone for their gender. refusing to have a male midwife is sexist for example.

suggestion: perhaps we could remove gender from all official documentation? remove one of the labels.

2. Ankoku Teion

again, your quick to pull it apart. i did not say that a woman driving makes all men submissive in society, it is just a sign that that individual likely could be. see, i'm one of these weird people that believes that in every relationship(and i don't just mean the love kind) there is someone who is dominant and someone who is submissive,generally when two people are sharing a car the dominant one drives, in your shopping scenario, the woman is dominant because they own the car, they made the offer so they have the power in this interaction.

the general trend in the UK in the past was that the man was dominant in most relationships, especially the romantic or familial kinds. now that trend is shifting, especially among the younger people. the likelihood of either gender to be dominant is much more equal than it used to be (although men are still in the majority).

anything else?

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

While I'm sure there are women who feel the same, it's not "in every relationship" by a long shot. There are couples who consider their relationship a partnership.

4. Ankoku Teion

however equal it may seem or feel, it is not completely, there is still a slight imbalance.

i would have said that my ex i i were equal when we were going out but looking back i realize that i was submissive to her.

5. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Sorry dude, not buying it. You can believe what you want but I live in a different world than you do.

Lemex likes this.
  6. Ankoku Teion

true, i suppose

7. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

It works that way in governments too. People think there is some sort of balance of power between authority and all citizen, but the reality, in all of these relationships, most citizens are submissive to a few dominant citizens.

I think it's great you're able to see the truth with your ex now, but interesting you weren't be able to see it then. Hopefully next time you'll be able to see things for how they really are while they're actually happening. There's nothing wrong with being the submissive person in a relationship, of course, so long as the other person can handle their responsibility maturely.

I know of several people who wound up dumping their significant other, because they deep down did not appreciate having to be the dominant one.

8. Ankoku Teion

I Meant for my comments to apply to all relationships, especially those involving power and authority.

Love blinds, that being said I enjoyed the relationship. Despite being dumped twice by text.

9. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Hey, sorry to hear that.

I can tell you multiple stories (from both perspectives) of girls who dumped their guys for literally being too good. As mind boggling as it sounds, I am not kidding. I have had both male parties and female parties accredit the other person being submissive as the primary reason for dumping that person. Don't let it get you down.

It's funny that you mention "love blinds."

The story of Adam and Eve (I am not a Christian) is pretty fundamental in mine and I'm assuming yours idea of how relationships work.

God was was the dominant one in the relationship. However, he wanted the one thing he couldn't have. He wanted his submissives to love him AND have free will. Once he gave them free will, his submissive abandoned him.

Being blinded by love is an intoxicating feeling (like being on drugs, right). All your happiness depends on the other person (the dominant). You can allow yourself to drown in doting affection, even obsession, but the dominant has the burden of not being allowed in this state (kind of like parent vs child). Two infatuated, doting people (two submissives) is ultimately a disastrous combination, leading in anarchy and confusion (the same can be said for two dominants). Imagine you and I are obsessed with one another. When I think about you, I am a complete emotional wreck. When you think about me, you are a complete emotional wreck. Something bad happens between us. I am absolutely distraught. You are absolutely distraught. Which one of us has the emotional strength to resolve the issue? The answer is neither. Our relationship will crumble.

This is not to say the dominant can't be infatuated with the submissive from a dominant perspective (eg, the dominant person by definition can never be blind like the submissive), and it's not to say that the dominant and submissive positions can't alternate between both parties.

10. Ankoku Teion

more a less sums it up

this is true. in my own case especially.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.