Eximius Coventry

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Earphone, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

I'm still in either way, though it would be a shame to lose all the work everyone has already put into it. I'm still new, of course, so it would't make much difference to me. I would like to keep my character, but I have plenty more rolling upstairs if need be. Crossing my fingers we can still get the original back somehow.

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Hi, I would love to join Eximus Coventry, but there is just so many posts to read. If you do a 2.0 and had a reveiw of any important details I would totally love to join in.

3. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

You guys all rock. It's really encouraging to hear how much you're enjoying the story, I was very down about it's disappearance. So thanks for that. In all honesty, I myself would prefer a reboot, as it would make things so so much easier for new writers coming in. I know none of you writers who started with me would have any problems continuing, (and you prefer to) but I'd rather start over fresh than continue and risk losing all the precious details we worked so hard on over a summary. The trade off doesn't seem worth it to me.

Like I said though, it's up to you guys. I won't force it either way, I just wanted to put my own opinion out there. If we can't come to a consensus, I will put it to a vote.

4. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

If we do start again can I keep my character? I don't really want a new one.

5. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Sounds good Earphone! I'll be in it again no matter what's decided. Quick question though...if we restart will our character have to have a new power?

6. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Seconded. That's my main issue with starting over. If we can keep our old characters, it's all gravy. :cool:

7. JessWrite

Hmm. If we kept our old characters we could act like the past scenarios never happened. Like a total re-wind...that would be interesting. :)

8. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

You would probably have to come up with a new plot line if you keep old characters so that you aren't rewriting the same story. But i'm Looking forward to it restarting. From what little i read it sounded pretty exciting.

9. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Okay, to those really wanting to keep their old characters, go ahead. You can keep the powers, the lot. You can bring retrieve their templates from your PMs with me. (Unless you deleted them.) I'd make a new character for myself, so sadly Phoebe wouldn't be in the mix. (Dirk and co will still be in, because they're important to the story!)

It's interesting. When I created this RP, I had three characters I wanted to try. Phoebe was one, there was another named Gerty, and she would've been cool too. I'm gonna use my third character, and see how that pans out.

EDIT: Quick question: Do you like like the heavy Winter setting? Would you like to start in a different season?

10. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

I don't mind winter. The cold added an extra challenge to escaping from the gray suits. Find shelter, stay warm, all that good stuff.

On the other hand, I wouldn't object to seeing the ladies of Coventry in bikinis. Maybe Clyde 2.0 will show up sporting a Speedo, just 'cuz. :D

11. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Awesome, I'll definitely be keeping Marty then. Looking forward to starting this off again. I kind of like the winter setting, but it's not a deal breaker. Whatever you deecide is fine with me.
    Oh, this is just a sugestion, but if we do start over maybe we should post character profile to the OOC thread. That way there's no break in the story. Just a thought.

12. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Great idea Mjolnir! I think we can keep this thread as our official OOC thread, seeing how it's still going strong.

Haha Mouse, perks for Spring/Summer, eh?

13. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Quick question Earphone. If in fact we do start over, with new characters or not, what should happen if Daniel retrieves the original Coventry game?

14. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

I'm glad you guys are taking this in stride and going in a positive direction. I haven't heard anything new, Daniel can be hard to reach sometimes. Sound like you've got a good group Earphone, Im looking forward to the reboot.

15. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

If this RPG happens to reboot, you can count me in! The only reason I didn't join before was because of the extraordinary amounts of post reading I'd have to do (which could get confusing on my part).

16. JessWrite

Sounds fun!! I'm thinking of making a new character now, with another power I had in mind. Can't wait to get started again. :)

17. becks_babe303

becks_babe303 New Member

Wow, I haven't been on in a while. So 2.0 I hear? I would love to keep my character.
    I am proud of her so far haha. Just let me know what is going on.
    Sorry I haven't been on, my husband and I are in the process of buying a house and it is a pain in the butt.
    So a sorry in advance if I take forever to write.
    =]

18. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Buying a house?! Me too! We close on Friday!
    It is a pain in the butt. Dealing with the realtors (buyer and seller), dealing with the mortgage company, the seller, inspections.... we've been looking since November, and we're finally almost done!! Good luck!

19. Question

Question Active Member

It sucks that we lost the original thread, but if you guys are starting a new thread you can count me in. I liked my character bruce but if we are starting from the begining again I'll probably just create a new character.

20. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Great, I hope both your transactions go fluidly! When would you guys like me to put up 2.0?

I've actually become undecided about my current character. Too many possibilities, only one spot; I will have to ponder this. My template will definitely be the last to go up before the first post.

Hey, you guys can start sending me your character templates via PM. If everything's pre-approved prior to 2.0 going up, there won't be a delay in starting.

21. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Could you give some sort of a guideline for the characters? I'm not sure how to make them (new joiner). Sorry for the hassle.

22. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Of course! Sorry about that!

----

Name:

Appearance:

Aura (This ties into your character's powers.):

Short Bio:

Personality:

Miscellaneous info:

----

EDIT: Don't forget to add your character's power for approval.

23. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Are we doing just one character for now? Or can we have two right away?

24. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

I think just one each for now.

25. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Did you want profiles for the old characters as well, or just new ones?