1. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Z-Well Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Pheonix, Dec 18, 2012.

Welcome all to the magnificent space opera that is Z-Well!

Post Approved Character sheets, questions, comments, and general OOC here!

-------------------

Update: I've started a Wiki for the game. Here's the link- http://the-zwell-saga.wikia.com/wiki/The_Z-well_Saga_Wiki

Feel free to edit, I'll be updating it with lore and such as time goes on. Also, there'll be a page for character sheets, that way we can keep them all straight without having to search through pages and pages of discussion threads.

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Finally! Hope you like the character I've made. I've been thinking about him for a while.

3. Love to Write

Character Name: Dr. Maxwell Payne aka Doc Payne

Age/Appearance/Gender: Dr. Payne is 47. He is 5'7 and has a short salt and pepper colored hair with a similarly colored beard. His hair is neatly kept. He is wearing a white doctor's coat with dark blue scrubs underneath.

Background: Doc Payne has always dreamed of being a doctor/surgeon on a spaceship. He worked so hard for it in fact that his marriage died and his wife took his 6 year old girl and left. That was 8 years ago. But at least he got a spot on The Ecthelion. He is quite prideful but the pride hides an inner guilt over driving his family away.

Mod 1: Regeneration: His cybernetic heals him for 5% every post.

Mod 2: Memory Enhancement: This mod helps him retain details that many would forget especially over time.

Ability 1: In Battle Healing. Able to give 10% healing to a max of 5 people per fight.

Ability 2: Energy blast. Sends up to 3 enemies flying away doing up to 15% damage depending on the enemy's strength.

Misc: Doc is able to perform anything from an all out surgery to stitching a small cut.

Stats: (Ranging from 1-10 with 9 starting points to distribute)

STR:2
    AGI:2
    INT:0
    DEF:5

4. Pheonix

Character Name: James Aether

Age/Appearance/Gender: James is 34 years old and around 6 feet tall. He has brown hair and a close cropped beard. His hair is slightly longer than military regulation. He has green eyes.

Background: James was born on the colony on Mars, and joined the UEC military at the age of 17. His parents were both in the military, and had fought in the Arcadian wars. They were both tragically killed defending a colony in the outer rim. After basic training he applied to the fighter academy, and passed the entrance exam with flying colors. His aptitudes were well off the charts and he graduated a year early at age 19, making him the youngest fully certified fighter pilot in UEF history.

His exploits in battle quickly earned him the title of Ace and he achieved the rank of major by 25. Despite holding the rank to retire from flying, he petitioned to remain active as a fighter. He has since been assembling an Ace team of interceptor pilots, the 501st Blaze Raptors. They are currently the only pure Ace squad in the UEF military. James and his squad are currently stationed aboard the UEF Ecthelion scouting the Arcadian Neutral Zone.

Mod 1: Hapatic Nerve interfaces (Cybernetic) James can interface with computers telepathically. A standard upgrade for Fighter Pilots. It increases his already sharp reflexes while piloting, and also allows him to interface with weapons to increase his accuracy. Provides a permanent 15% bonus to accuracy and reaction.

Mod 2: Musculo-Skeletal reinforcement (Cybernetic) James muscle and skeletal structure has been reinforced with nano fibers. His joints have been augmented with strength and stability enhancing devices. This gives him high resilience to injury and bone breakage, while augmenting his strength and speed. He is capable of incredible bursts of strenght and speed, for a short period, but afterward he will require a cooldown period.

Equipment: Standard Issue Combat Pistol, Emergency Survival Pack (Standard Issue to all fighter pilots)

Ability 1: Critical Shot: Uses his experience to aim for the most damaging point on an enemies body. 20% damage bonus.

Ability 2: Speed Boost: He activates his mods at full power giving him a brief bonus too strength and agility. 15% Melee bonus, 20% Agility bonus.

Stats:

STR:3
    AGI:2
    INT:2
    DEF:2

5. Love to Write

I edited Doc Payne's age. I meant to make him 47.

6. Pheonix

@LtW That's fine :D I was wondering why he had grey hair already at only 37 lol

7. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Maybe he saw a ghost?

8. Pheonix

Could be lol

So... you joining? :D

9. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

I want to join.

And godmod.

Just to see a character appear in space and die graphically.

:p

10. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Soon probably tomorrow. I'm very lazy right now and don't feel like making another CS. So expect my character tomorrow.

11. Pheonix

Lol :p You joining for real tho?

@Kingtype Sounds good! :D

12. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I have returned. Be afraid.

Character Name: Cptn. Leonard Burns ‘Shield’

Age/Gender/Appearance: 34 / Male / Cptn. Burns is a large yet lean man with tattoos covering his entire body from the neck down. He stands at 6ft and has short black hair dotted with grey streaks and a five o’clock shadow.

Background: Leonard has always been one to sneer in the face of certain death, and joined the Army of the United Earth Colonies from the age of fifteen. After ten years of arduous combat he was recommended for commissioned officer training. Though an officer he preferred the battle to the strategy, and now at the age of 34 he stands as one of the most experienced combatants still on the field, however his age is slowly starting to show.

Mod 1: Nanite Tattoos (Cybernetic) Burns’ tattoos are actually millions of tiny nanites that can form into a protective titanium suit for a short period of time, increasing defense by 30% against one attack. Powered by kinetic energy and requires sustained activity from Burns to recharge.

Mod 2: Emergency Nano Protection (Cybernetic) If Burns health hits below 5%, his body will shut down and be unable to take any damage for 2 posts. He cannot move, interact or defend others in this state. After two posts he will emerge from the protection, however if he has not been healed within that time he will die.

Ability 1: Distract: If enemies are attacking targets other than Burns, he is able to ‘distract’ them causing their attacks to focus on him instead. All damage is put on Burns, leaving his teammates unharmed.

Ability 2: Suppress: Fires his weapon at the enemy, forcing them to stop their attack and making them unable to move for one post.

Misc:

Stats: (Ranging from 1-10 with 9 starting points to distribute)

STR: 1
    AGI: 0
    INT: 0
    DEF: 8

Fox

13. Love to Write

YEAH!!! welcome to game Fox!

14. Pheonix

You have the Tank thing down to a science! Welcome aboard! Nice to see you again Mr.Fox :D

15. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I'm just here to protect the rest of ya!

16. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Pheonix I was so disappointed when I noticed that you capped each ability.

I really wanted to just work up to 20 defense. :C

And also, about joining, I might. Right now I should be busy studying for finals, and then after that I have a ton of extracurricular stuff to chew through. Maybe though.

17. Love to Write

Always protect the healer. ;)

Alright...off I go a-caroling. :D Later peeps.

18. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Have fun LtW ^^

19. Pheonix

That was why I capped it... 20 defense you'd be invincible lol

And you totally should join. If not now, after finals. There will always be a place for you here.

20. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

By the way- how well defined is an 'action'?

Like, would one be able to fit "Jim jabbed Bob in the gut and then threw a cross into his head, snapping Bob's head back. With a spin, Jim propelled his heel into Bob's chin. Upon completing his spin, Jim aimed a powerful roundhouse at Bob's stomach." just as you would "Jim attacked Bob", or would that many actions within the attack dictate a second action? Or is the second action only when the overall action changes, i.e. "Jim attacked Bob then Joe," or even "Jim attacked both Bob and Joe"?

21. Pheonix

Hmm... good question...

Ok, after thinking about it, any type of melee attack in a turn will count as an action. All that that you described would count as one action because that's the path you chose to go. Melee attacking for the duration of the post costs one action. Same thing goes for firing a gun. You aren't limited to firing just one round, you can spray a room, stop, look around, then resume spraying the room... Does that make sense?

22. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Character Name: Four

Age/Appearance/Gender: Age: 22 years. Gender: Male. Hair: Black, average civilian hair length. Eyes: Black with a mechanical red gleam. Height: 5’ 10”. General build resembles that of a civilian, albeit fit and cold.

Background: Four is a novice pilot on the Ecthelion. Searching for both job and adventure, he was pleasantly surprised by the opportunity to enlist as a fighter pilot. After undergoing basic training and advanced fighter training, he joined the crew of the Ecthelion as a cadet and as one of the thousands of pilots.

Mod 1: Accelerators: This mod boosts perception and also mechanical agility (offensive agility for the most part) increasing reactions, accuracy, melee damage, and speed by 25% permanently.

Mod 2: Neurological Suppressors: This mod greatly suppresses pain, reducing all but the strongest pains to mere tingling, if anything at all. This mod is fueled by biochemical energy and can be used for up to 15 hours, but use of the mod slowly drains the user’s energy, becoming a serious impairment at about 13 hours of use. This mod is customarily disabled at night and activated in the morning to last through the day.

Ability 1: Onslaught – Attacks up to 4 nearby foes. This attack deals +50% damage and cannot be blocked or dodged. (Note: Roll to hit)

Ability 2: Cloak - He cloaks. Must I explain?

Misc: While a marksman (note: not an amazing sharpshooter but easily above average accuracy), Four’s specialty is melee combat.

Stats:
    STR: 8
    AGI: 1
    INT: 0
    DEF: 0

23. Love to Write

Welcome Crumpet!

@Pheonix, I'm loving how our character's know eachother already. This should be fun.

24. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Thanx LtW.

Also, I will not be able to get on tomorrow until kinda-late (probably 6-7 PST, I'm not sure though). If it's not too much to ask, assuming dogfights break out, keep the dogfight going until I get back please? Feel free to board if that's in order but keep my bird in the air please :p

25. Pheonix

I wanna try and wait for a few more people to join before getting the party going in full swing, but I'll do my best to keep you bird in the air... and by air I mean vacuum... :p