1. skeloboy_97

skeloboy_97 New Member

Rapidly writing ...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by skeloboy_97, Aug 19, 2011.

Does anyone Else find that when writing an action /fast paced scene, you will tend to go ahead with the story at a very rapid pace? For instance, tonight, I just wrote an action scene of 1800 words in less than an hour. I found this really good for me.

What are your thoughts?

2. Pea

Pea super pea!

I find it difficult to write action scenes, so it takes a lot longer for me. It's great that you did 1800 words though.

3. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributor Contributor

I'll write things fast more whether I'm inspired to write them fast than anything else. If I was lagging on an action scene because I wasn't very into it then of course it'd go slowly. Likewise sometimes I fly through pages of a more descriptive, slower scene, just because I'm really excited to do it. But that's not to say I'm always one way or the other... I just write however it comes to me at the time. :) I don't think, "Oh, there's some action coming up but I can probably write that all today then move on to the next thing tomorrow..."