1. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

Fable Legends canceled -- Lionhead to close

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Lea`Brooks, Mar 7, 2016.

Nnnnooooo!!!!

I'm so heartbroken right now. :cry: I had no intentions of playing Fable Legends, but I wanted a Fable 4 so badly. I loved those games. I play them religiously, and the stories often helped me write. But you can only get so much inspiration from the same three games.

I can't believe they're closing. :cry:

2. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

Eh, Fable 1 was the only good one.
    Everything else fell flat.

3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I've played the Fable Trilogy (guess we'll be calling it that now), but only liked Fable II the best. Fable III killed the franchise, in my opinion. :/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  4. Lea`Brooks

I've heard a lot of people say that, but I never really understood why. I thought the third one was awesome! Then again, I played that one first, so maybe I'm a little biased. I liked the story of the second one the best, but I prefer all the additional things of the third game. The weapons, the way they handled houses, clothing, the map room, etc. I've only played the first one twice though so I don't remember much of it.

Steerpike likes this.
  5. Link the Writer

^ It just didn't suit right with me. :/ You're right, I did like the clothing room of the Sanctuary, thought that was pretty cool. And don't get me wrong, I found the idea of a prince/princess leading a revolution against his/her own brother to be very interesting indeed. Just kind of wished they expanded on that and included what worked in the first two games into this one.

My favorite character had to be Reaver. A lot of people didn't like him, but I did. I thought he was the perfect satire of the snobbish rich nobleman. Saying things like, "Oh, how dreadfully droll! Right when I'm in the middle of betraying you, Lucien has to betray me!! Oh fine, come on." and "I've been the best at marksmanship since, well, ever." In Fable III, he's always dripping with sarcasm no matter whether you do or do not support him, but even when you don't, he's so gracious about it even though you can tell he's gritting his teeth and muttering curses at you.

6. A.M.P.

The third one was missing all that made the first game great and the morality good/evil choices were so outlandish and binary it was uninteresting.
    You had to do nothing but unpopular choices to save everyone and then tax them to hell to get enough money back to back up everything you needed.

Even the stuff you learn in the tutorial never once show back up except in the expansion...

The first one was far superior because it was more focused and they didn't try to do anything grand that ultimately fell flat on its face.
    Also, it had Jack of Blades.

7. Lea`Brooks

I guess I'm gunna have to go back and play the first one again... lol All I really remember is you couldn't play a female. And dammit, I wanna be a girl! :p

8. King Arthur

King Arthur Banned

Fuck Reaver. He tricked me at the end of 2... People who've played will know what I mean.

9. Link the Writer

That's why I
    killed Lucien when I had the chance because I had a sneaking suspicion Reaver would do it for me just to get the old bag to shut up.

10. King Arthur

King Arthur Banned

To this day I'm not sure who killed him. I had my pistol out and ready, and then I saw Reaver move out of the corner of my eye and quickly shot as his gun went off. I'm not sure who shot first, and never will.

11. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

My brother in law was the Director of Art for this game franchise. A major creative influence in its development. So there.:rolleyes:

12. A.M.P.

:eek:

13. Lea`Brooks

Can.... can he make me a fourth game?

14. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

He can't, as he's left the company and is now making fortunes developing gaming apps; Battlehand being the most recent.
    Whether or not that would have a deciding influence on them making another one, I don't know.

15. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

I kinda saw this coming. I hadn't heard anything about it for a few months, and whenever I any digging there wasn't anything either. I'm beginning to think that Microsoft are fast becoming the new EA, and severely limits my hopes for another game that's supposed to be going to the windows store, Gigantic.

16. free999enigma

free999enigma New Member

Hi Guys,

I made a video about this subject and i want to share with you :)

17. Link the Writer

I remember reading this article (http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=2105) about Fable 2, and everything wrong with it. I had to agree with a lot of its points.

Honestly, I...don't really care much for the series anymore. :[ Shame it had to end this way, but we've had a good long run with this thing.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016