falling in love

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Want2Write, Nov 24, 2013.

1. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

A quick OT:
    There would probably be less confusion around if you didn't form your assumptions as facts such as "Any other parent would of [sic] felt inclined if they'd experienced parenting themselves." Starting that phrase with "I would think" or some such would help clarify it's just a guess since otherwise it looks like you're stating a fact (which you definitely weren't).

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Laze

Laze Active Member

Fair and valid point. Although, I did state I was merely giving my opinion numerous times, and that I could prove nothing of what I was saying.

3. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

@Laze, yeah, I got that. The reason I pointed that out is that sometimes people discuss assumptions and facts in the same thread or even within the same post, so differentiating between the two by wording them clearly as assumptions or facts makes things easier to follow (especially if what is said is of provocative nature) and prevents pointless arguments stemming from misunderstandings / misrepresentations.

4. Laze

Laze Active Member

I agree. But, even if I did add that little "I would think" to all the necessary statements in my previous posts, I still don't think it would of changed the course of the conversation in this thread. :rolleyes: I think it was just the fact that it was about love—people get all personal about it. Tons of people missed my point entirely.

Despite that, I will make a more concious effort with what I say in the future I guess—let's see if it does make a difference.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

...who has said that in this thread?