1. EmeraldTower

EmeraldTower New Member

Fantasy Korean Novel?

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by EmeraldTower, Jun 23, 2017.

I will be completing my high fantasy novel within the next few weeks and I would like to write a fantasy novel based off of one of the Korean dynasties.

Since I will be making up a name for my dynasty, it will not be historically accurate. I will have it relating to one of the dynasties when it comes to founding the culture of Korea.

I want to come up with a name for the dynasties during that time period and I'm not exactly sure, how I'll come up with them.

Has anyone ever written a story based around any of the Korean dynasties?

2. Walking Dog

Walking Dog Active Member

No, but I write fictitious short stories theming American historical events, such as the Civil War and Spanish Explorers. If you know a little bit about Korean history, it's an opportunity to share with others some Korean culture, even though the story itself is complete bunk. Aren't dynasties sometimes named after rulers?

3. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Rulers, or also city names. Japan has the Edo period, based off the old name for Tokyo, there was the Baghdad Caliphate in Arabian/Muslim history, probably others.

EmeraldTower likes this.
  4. Infel

Infel Contributor Contributor

Well, if you want to write a fantasy based on reality, you could do worse than studying your source material. Why not watch a documentary or two on some famous Korean dynasties? The more info you've got on them, the more you can play with facts, combine them, and even include outside non-korean history to come up with a totally unique setting!