Tags:
  1. Mcat64

Mcat64 New Member

Fantasy Manor Burning

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Mcat64, Jan 13, 2019.

I am describing a fantasy world where there are different houses. One of them is being attacked and the head of the house is realizing that there is a fire. It is engulfing the west wing of the house and she can hear the attakers men downstairs. I have the perfect picture but i cant fifure out how to start it.

2. EightyD

EightyD Member

Give us more to work with here. You don't know how to start the description? The fire? This particular section of the story? Why is us knowing the fire is engulfing the west wing important? Who are the attackers? Why are they burning the house while she's in it? The more specific the issue, the better the feedback will be.

3. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

She opens her eyes and there is a burning man standing at the end of the bed, and he is holding a knife.

Matt E likes this.
  4. Merley

Merley Member

You could start with the description of how the people start burning the house, and then switch perspective to into the house

5. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

"Honey, did you hear something?" said Lady Archibald as she tried to shake her husband awake.
    "Sounds like the kids are home. What with their rowdy behaviour, coming home drunk at all hours. Where did we go so wrong, darling?"
    "But we don't have any children."
    "Oh, right, that was my other wife," he said giving her an appraising look through sleep stuffed lids. "Do I smell barbeque?"