Fate Stay Night

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Forgotten_Memories, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Father Hiroshi

Mrs Ishihara smiled back at Lancer and closed the door. She seemed oblivious about the questions Brock was asking.

"You're right about a couple of things, Brock." Father Hiroshi told the muscular magi, "But first, allow me to introduce myself." He said the usual, and then proceeded to answer Brock's questions. "I was here explaining rules and offering protection. The master in this house has only just learned of her abilities, and has already been in a fight. She's lucky to have made it out alive. So, I've placed a day's Sanctuary on her."

"In terms of meddling, I suppose you're right as well. I have been rather busy this evening." Hiroshi looked over the two carefully. From what he had learned, this Brock was in a very bad situation in the world of magi, but at least he was on the good side - if there was one - and his Lancer servant seemed reasonable enough. These deductions deemed them worthy of a further explanation. "Gentlemen, I have reason to suspect that something is wrong with the grail. And I plan to get to the bottom of it."

2. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

"Of course somethin's wrong with it," Brock said. "It's magic. I never met a mage who wasn't a little messed up, if ya know what I mean. Everything they make, everything they touch, ends up damaged one way or another."

Lancer eyed him carefully. The man spoke as if he wasn't a mage himself. As Brock's servant, he knew the man had copious amounts of mana. On the surface, he looked like a musclebound meathead, but inside he had the workings of an extremely powerful mage. Such a waste, Lancer thought, but kept his mouth shut as Brock went on.

"Doesn't make a difference to me what kinda shape the Grail's in," he said. "I don't even want it. Don't know what I'd do if I got it. I just don't want them to have it." He balled his fists. "Damn mages already think they own the world and everything in it. Not this. They can't have it."

Speak for yourself, Lancer thought. He wanted the Grail. He wanted it more than anything he'd ever wanted before. It was the key to everything he'd ever dreamt of and only a fool would think otherwise. But now was a bad time to argue with his Master, where it could be seen as a sign of weakness. They would have that discussion in private.

"If you want the Grail, come see me when the dust settles," Brock said to the preist. "I'll give you the damned thing."

I've heard enough of this nonsese, Lancer thought, disgusted. "We came to speak with a Master, not you, priest," he said, with a little more edge than intended. "Sanctuary protects her from harm, but there's no reason we can't ask her a few questions. For starters, I'd like to know who or what gave her a proper whooping, so we'll know what to expect."

3. Forgotten_Memories

Father Hiroshi stood silent for a moment. The men had little interest in his cause, but little did they know that it would actually affect them too.

"Very well, but if you see anything," he paused for a moment, "happening, don't say I didn't warn you. As for the girl, she--"

"I'm here!" Karin said, running out of her front door and down the steps of the porch.

Hiroshi eyed her with caution.

I was listening to your entire conversation from my room upstairs - you're not exactly being discreet." She then turned to Lancer and Brock. "The girl we fought was a Caster," Karin said with uncertainty. "She had a big staff and used a bunch of different spells - fire, ice, and threw my servant around. She was really powerful."

Karin had never done anything so brave in her life - fraternising with the enemy. Although, she was under sanctuary, which sort of took the danger of it, and who knew, maybe she could make an ally, at least for a short while - it wouldn't hurt.

4. AnonyMouse

Brock turned as the girl rushed out and began talking. The first half of what she said went right over his head. He was too shocked to comprehend her words. When Father Hiroshi told him ‘she’ had been attacked, he presumed the master was a woman. Secretly, he was looking forward to meeting a very beautiful woman. Instead, it was a teenager. Hell, she was even dressed in a school uniform.

He stared blankly as she told them about the one who’d attacked her. And then another thought dawned upon him. She described Caster as a girl as well. Brock stepped back slightly. How many kids were in this war!? He joined expecting to fight legendary heroes and vicious magi and maybe a sexy witch or two, but not this.

By the time she finished, he was still standing there, dumbfounded, looking through her, wondering what would her mother think if she got killed. What would her mother think if he was the one responsible for her daughter’s death?

He finally snapped out of it at the sound of Lancer’s voice. The man was whispering something in his ear. “Fire, ice, and some manner of telekinetic force… I may have an answer for her attacks if we choose the battleground wisely,” he confided in his master. “But I’m sure she’ll have more tricks than what this girl has seen…”

Brock heard, but wasn’t really listening. He stepped forward and approached the girl, towering over her like a giant, but knelt so they were eye level with one another. “Thanks for the help, kid. It ain’t much, but I think we can work with it,” he said before offering his hand. “I'm Brock Issen and this is Lancer.” Behind him, the servant nodded in greeting.

He’d heard the priest call her mother ‘Mrs Ishihara.’ It wasn’t a name Brock was familiar with in the magic world. He doubted this girl was a mage at all.

5. Forgotten_Memories

Karin and Father Hiroshi

"Karin Ishihara," she introduced herself to the giant man, shaking his hand awkwardly - he was almost as massive as Rider. "My servant is Rider." She paused, worrying if she was giving away too much information, but these men had already heard that she was unable to fight at the moment, "but you won't see him just yet."

Brock seemed like a kind man. Kind, but troubled. Somehow she thought he could trust him though.

"Well, now that the introductions have been made and information passed on, would you gentlemen be kind enough to give me a ride back to my Church? I have pressing matters to attend to." Hiroshi addressed Brock and Lancer.

6. AnonyMouse

Brock glared at the priest for a moment. He didn’t like the man’s tone. Sure, the guy had asked nicely, but Brock was trying to have a conversation here. Then again, it’s not as if Karin was going anywhere. He’d done what he came here to do and should probably leave before he wore out his welcome.

“Fine,” he muttered and fished around in his coat pockets for a moment until he found a pen and a scrap of paper. He scribbled his cellphone number on it and handed it to Karin. “Nice meetin’ ya, kid. Holla at me if ya need anything,” he said with a grin before standing and walking away, throwing up two fingers as he went.

“Bad idea,” Lancer said, once they were out of earshot. “I never took you as the chivalrous type. She could draw us right into a trap, you know.”

“It ain’t chivalry. I’m just lookin’ out, is all. Did you sense any mana coming from her?” Brock asked rhetorically. Lancer shook his head. “Exactly. She ain’t a mage, man. She’s just some kid caught up in this mess.” He grinned from ear to ear when they reached the car. “And her mom's a cutie. I wonder if there’s a Mr. Ishihara…”

“There’s so many things wrong with this, I don’t even know where to begin,” Lancer muttered. “Focus. You don’t win the Grail by hooking up with the enemy’s mother.”

Brock laughed haughtily. “Not everything’s about the Grail, bro. Maybe you’re a little too focused,” he teased. “Don’t lose sight of the finer things.”

He opened the door and pushed the seat forward so Father Hiroshi could get in. His Nissan Skyline was only a two-door, but had enough space for a man to comfortably squeeze into the backseat.

“Watch your skirt, Father,” Brock said once the priest was in. He had to tuck the robes inside, so they wouldn’t catch in the door. A few moments later, they were on the road, with Lancer in the passenger seat. Brock already knew where the Church was.

7. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Assassin-Rosie Dalton

There was a stirring on a rooftop, a quiet shadow that went unnoticed by all.

On the street below, Rosie Dalton, was walking along, feeling like she was being watched. It had started the day before, she had lost control of her ability for a few minutes. It had never happened before, and thankfully no one was home when it did. She had turned into a magnet, and anything metal in the house decided that it suddenly wanted to be near her. That was fine and good until the kitchen knives joined the party...

She had a nick on her arm to prove it, but that was the least of her concerns. Three odd runes had shown up on her, one on her neck, beneath her hair, and then one on each of her legs, just above her knees. She had tried washing them off, but nothing had worked, and she was starting to be concerned. Then there was that feeling, like she was being watched. It had started when she left her house after cleaning up the house after her little incident, and hadn't stopped since.

A cloud passed over the moon, casting shadows flowing across the ground.

*Bzzz Bzzz*

Rosie fumbled for her phone.

"Hello?" she answered in Japanese.

"Sweetie, where are you?" It was her mother, speaking in english.

"Hi ma, I'm almost home. I stayed after school to do some research and lost track of time," Rosie said, honestly. She had spent hours looking through books and websites trying to find something out about the runes, and how they might connect to her ability. So far, the only thing she had found was on an urban legend website that said she had been chosen as a master in a grail war. She didn't buy that for a minute, and after finding out nothing else of value, had decided to head for home.

"I'm almost there, I'm coming through the shopping district now," Rosie said.

"We were starting to get worried, since you didn't call..." her mother said, in a very guilt inspiring, motherly way.

"Sorry, I lost track of time, but I'll be home soon! Love you!"

"Love you to hun, be careful," her mom replied, then hung up. Rosie put her phone back in her purse and kept walking. She was on a side street, there weren't many people around. Come to think of it, she didn't see anyone. It was a weeknight, and people were all at home. Still, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched. She stopped, and turned around, looking once more to see if there was anyone behind her. No one.

"Buonasera signorina," the man said, and Rosie froze. He stood before her as if he had appeared out of the ground, clothed in all black, hooded.

"Wh... who are you!" Rosie exclaimed.

"I am an Asesino, a murderer, an assassin."

Rosie's eyes got wide with fear. "Are you here to kill me?"

"To the contrary, my dear. I am at your command, you are my master, and I am your servant. And as much as I may not like it, there is nothing I can do about it. So, here we are... and I am yours to command, signorina."

8. Forgotten_Memories

Toshiro and Berserker

Toshiro checked his watch. It was 10:07 PM. She should've been here by now. He stood under a street lamp, across the road from the entrance to the warehouses by Fuyuki harbour. It had been seven years since he last saw Yokiko. Seven years. She was so young, yet so messed up, but he hadn't been any different. They'd had contact over the years since they both ran away from their monstrous family, but had never met up. He wouldn't have agreed to it even tonight, but she had insisted that it was urgent, and concerned Brock.

Yokiko never mentioned Brock after their escape, but apparently he was in danger, and Yokiko was going to help him. Toshiro couldn't care much about Brock. Sure, he felt sympathetic for the boy - no one should have to live in a constructed lie - but his real concern was for his sister. If Brock was in danger it meant the Mitsushidas were involved, and if the Mitsushidas were involved, Yokiko was in danger.

He put a cigarette in his mouth and lit it, letting the toxic fumes pass freely in and out of his lungs. He hated smoking, but liked the sensation it gave him.

"Toshiro." The magi was interrupted from his habit by a voice he recognised but had not heard in a long time. It was a voice he never wanted to hear again. The voice of his father.

He turned around and had a good look at the old man. The years hadn't done him any good - he looked tired and weak. "Tell me why I shouldn't end your miserable life right here, father."

Mitsushida smiled, exposing his yellowed, tobacco-stained teeth. "Walk with me, son."

Instantly Toshiro knew that this was a set up, but he also knew that there was more to it than a simple chat with his old man. If the Mitsushidas really wanted to capture him he would be bound, blindfolded, and in the boot of some car by now.

Toshiro followed his father through a maze of warehouses, until he finally opened the door to one near the water. Inside was completely dark, apart from a light that shone from the ceiling in the distance, behind a mount of boxes. They walked toward it, and as they turned into the open, Toshiro saw what the light was focused on. It was Yokiko, tied to a chair, her mouth gagged. By her feet a summoning circle was drawn and sprinkled with an assortment of magical materials, in the centre of which lay an ancient chinese war helmet; two long plumes of peacock feathers shooting out from the top.

"From here you have one option, Toshiro" his father's voice echoed. "Accept your fate and fight in the Grail War against Brock Issen and bring back the prize, or watch your sister die a horrible death."

Other Mitsushidas stepped out from the shadows - cousins, aunts, uncles - Toshiro was surrounded. There was no way out. He would have to do it, for Yokiko.

"I accept." He said, defeatedly.

Immediately a light shone up from the circle, and Toshiro felt three cuts form across his face. It hurt, but he didn't flinch - he was used to cutting. He watched as his servant materialised, and his fate became sealed.

Toshiro's father cackled maniacally from behind him. "A fitting servant for you Toshiro - a wild dog for a disloyal pup."

9. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"I told you to take a left!" Archer exclaimed.

Fox who was driving at the moment simply laughed at his servants words. "Don't worry I'm taking a shortcut." He said in reply. Fox wasn't one to admit his mistakes and on top of that he a terrible sense of direction. Archer was becoming painfully aware of this.

"Shortcut?" Archer asked sarcastically. "You went the complete opposite way I-

Archer was cut off and Fox's eyes widened as something landed on the hood of their car. It was a man at least in body, its on the other hand......was that of a snake. Fox swerved but thing wasn't moving and based on how it was dressed it didn't come to talk. It was dressed in chain mail and wielded an axe. Before the creature could swing his weapon at Fox the wind shield shattered.

The snake man was caught off guard as an arrow slammed into his next. To Fox's surprise Archer's had held a bow which looked to have materalized out of thin air. It was beautiful weapon it a golden colored bow with a silver string and it even made beautiful harp like sounds whenever an arrow was notched.

The snake man suddenly burst into flames which was just one of many effects that Archer's arrows could do. Suddenly 4 more of the creatures began coming from random direction. Fox opened his car and ducked under one of the enemies axes and flipped away from them. Archer fired another arrow and just like the last the arrow caused the creature to burst into flames.

But the third snake rushed in on Archer and slashed at his face. Archer evaded it but the monster was actually quick enough to slash it slightly. Suddenly a small fire ball slammed into the snake's back. It was Fox of course who had provided the distraction.

Archer took quickly dispatched the snake with the sword he had hilted on his side. The last two snakes both drive their heels into Archer's chest and sent him crashing into the car. Fox front flipped and slammed his heel into on of the snake's head but it didn't do much damage as the magus nearly got his head taken off but suddenly two arrows whizzed into the skulls of the snakes and soon both were engulfed in flames.

Fox let out a heavy sigh once he realized all the enemies had been defeated. Fox looked around with a pale face. "Was that from a servant?" He asked breathing heavy.

Archer shook his head. "I don't believe so but I can't be exactly sure." He said biting his lip.

Fox brushed himself off and sighed. "Alright I think we should call it a night. Tomorrow we'll look into this more." He said and the two started towards the destroyed but functioning car.

10. Pheonix

A few minutes passed, where Rosie was desperately trying to comprehend the things that the Assassin was saying. He told her about a rail war, the victors--master and servant--receiving a wish as reward. He explained that there were others in the city, fighting this Grail War, each with a champion from history or myth fighting for them, and that most were experienced magicians, unlike her. And he kept going, but Rosie's head was spinning and she was feeling faint.

And, when under those conditions, the reasonable course of action is, in fact, to faint. Which she did.

"Merda!" The Assassin cried as her knees gave out under her. He jumped forward and caught her. "I see our chances of victory growing slimmer by the moment," she heard him say before passing out.

The Assassin stood shaking his head. This wasn't exactly a good way to start. He picked the girl up, and then started down the street. As he did though, he felt a jolt. The hair on his arms was standing up, and there was a charge in the air, like lightning. Then all of a sudden, the girl slipped through his arms... he didn't drop her, one moment she was in his arms, the next she was lying on the ground, sparks crackling along her skin.

"You are one strange girl, you know that?" he said as she opened her eyes with a start. She felt calmer now though, more in control, with the electricity flowing through her. She had always felt that way when she used her ability.

Rosie sat up. "So, I'm a mage? Or a Magi? And you're my servant, and we're fighting in a battle to win a wish? Any wish we want?" she asked.

"Correct."

"Then we should try and win," she said.

"Agreed," the Assassin said with a smile.

"Then, what do we need to do to make that happen?" Rosie asked, feeling overwhelmed, astonished, and remarkably brave and excited by the possibilities.

"Kill, and avoid being killed," the Assassin replied.

"Sounds simple enough..."

"Our chances are improving," the Assassin said, again smiling.

11. AnonyMouse

Yokiko Mitsushida, family reunion

Tokyo, two days ago…

Minutes before everything went to shit, she knew what was about to go down. Years of life on the run had made Yokiko Mistushida’s senses sharp. She could tell when something wasn’t right. If only she’d seen them before it was too late…

Without hesitating, she stood up and walked away from the platform. She couldn’t wait for the next train to come. The man three benches down folded his newspaper and stood. A woman leaning by the end of the platform, pretending to play games on her phone, also rose. They were both dressed in black and Yokiko had caught them taking glances at her.

Maybe she was paranoid, but paranoia had kept her safe all these years. As she walked with her hood down low, Yokiko pulled out her cellphone and quickly typed out a message to her brother.

Cant make it 2nite. Reschedule. Day after 2morrow. Docks. C u there.

She clicked send. Once the message was out, she pulled out the phone’s battery and tossed it in a trash bin as she walked by. Using a small spell, she boosted the strength of her right hand, crushed the phone, and tossed the mangled remains down a sewage grate as she walked by.

They were going to catch her. There were now five people following. One stopped and stood over the sewage grate. Damn, they’re going to find it, she thought. They’re going to find him.

She didn’t care about herself anymore. It was already obvious how this night was going to end for her, but she hated knowing the phone might lead them back to Toshiro. Yokiko turned onto an alley she knew was a dead end and stopped. There, she waited in the shadows. One by one, the people who had been trailing her filed in. She counted ten in all.

They began to close in, but she quickly drew out a switchblade. Without saying a word, she slit both wrists and dropped the weapon as the blood ran down her arms, pooling on the dirty concrete at her feet. “You won’t take me alive,” she said defiantly. “I won’t… let… you. N-never… mmmnmm”

She had a speech planned out in her head, but the blood loss made it all fuzzy. Her words turned to mush and the world spun and tilted as her knees gave out. One of the black-garbed men dashed forward and caught her as she fell. He scooped up her blade, cut his hand, and pressed his bloody palm to her head.

No, Yokiko thought. She already knew what he was about to do. The Mitsushida blood magic was strong. Her assailants were of the Yamada clan, a lesser family that served the Mitsushidas, but still mages nonetheless. They would take her alive, even if they had to sacrifice themselves to do it. It was their sworn duty.

The man seemed to wither away. She grew stronger as he wasted away. The wounds on her wrist healed as death took him. Within seconds, he was a shriveled corpse on the ground and she was on her feet again, as if her attempted suicide had been nothing more than a joke to them.

She never got a second chance. Two more men dashed forward and gripped her arms tightly. She tried to amplify her strength again, but they were already doing the same. At the end of the alley, a black van arrived and its doors swung open. “No! Don’t!” Yokiko screamed as they dragged her away, but soon her words were muffled by a sock stuffed into her mouth and bound in duct tape. They hogtied her with heavy-duty zip ties and tossed her into the van. The doors shut and everything went dark… at least for a little while.

The flick of a lighter illuminated the grim, wrinkled face of her father, as he leaned over, watching her from the passenger seat of the van. “There’s my girl. And look at you… you’ve blossomed into a beautiful young woman,” he said with a smile.

Yokiko flopped around like an angry fish out of water, kicking, and trying to scream, despite the gag and ties. Her hood fell away and her long black hair splayed out on the floor of the van, like a madwoman in a padded cell.

“When did my precious little flower get so… feisty?” the old man said, in a mocking tone. “You didn’t actually think I’d let you get away, did you? No, I’ve been watching for a very long time, sweetheart…” he paused and dangled something in front of her. It was a plastic baggie, filled with crushed bits of… something… it looked like plastic.

Her eyes widened. The cell phone!

“Now, where’s that brother of yours?” Old Man Mitsushida said, as he jangled the bag in front of her face. “Don’t worry, we’ll find him. I’m putting this family back together again, whether you like it or not.”

12. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"the ancients were primitive, the ancients were stupid. True they were wrong about a lot of things. But I wonder, what if they weren't as crazy as we alsways said they were?" Denis took a deep breath as he looked upon his handy work, an incantation lay before him drawn on the floor useing chalk each letter and symbol perfectly formed.

"Witches, werewolfs, demons, dragons. what is some of it was true? Or at least based on reality?" No one would answer his questions since he was alone attemping to do something so insane, it prompted this rant he was on. If there was any truth behind the ways of the ancients, then maybe he wasn't so insane. Denis shook his head. perphaps magic did exsist, and we just lost it somehow? Well I'm about to find out." A part of him told him he was insane, but he had to know. Was there any truth in the book he just read?

In the middle of the room was a large open book it was filled with all sorts of incantations, graphs and diagrams about heroes and powers beyond this world. He held his breath, "Here goes." Denis placed the object in the middle of the markings and closed his eye's. Nothing, it didn't work.

"Well now I just feel like a moron." He muttered glaring at the state of his dorm room, all that work for nothing all the writing and the setting up of objects, all for nothing. Slowly he swept away the chalk and put back various objects back in their place. Man what would his room mate think?

As he swept and cleaned he was shaken by a terrified scream outside his dorm room. Panic cries he ran outside and what he saw nearly made he loses his lunch. An armored woman with short black hair stood in the middle of curious passersby looking utterly confused, and pissed. She had her sword drawn and was demanding some poor college freshmen where she was. His spell, it had worked.

"Ah...um... S- Sarah! I see you remembered your costume!" Denis said running out to meet them trying to act naturally even as concerned staff began to look on.

The woman scowled. "My name is not Sarah English pig!" She sneered with a thick french accent. "Where am I-"

"ohh Sarah! You're so good at your acting, the school play will be a blast!" He put his arms on her shoulder reassuring the frightened girl it was all just an act. "Now if you'll come with me PLEASE"

Denis took her by the hand and began to lead her away giving her the (Please shut up look) all the while grinning at the curious onlookers. "Yes yes very good bravo, bravo and...by by!" and with that he shut the door and the two of them were in his dorm room.

"Summoned by the English? This must be some sort of joke." She grumbled, it hadn’t taken her long to figure out what happened, she had been summoned by this fool to a new and strange world. Sheathing her sword and taking in her new surroundings.

Denis closed the blinds and looked around cautiously for his roommate, when all was clear he turned to her looking enthralled but panicked. "Okay, crazy lady with the sword. Who are you? And please don't point that blade there I need those."

The young woman no more than 19 scoffed. "You have no idea what you have gotten yourself into do you Englishmen?" Lifting her blade and finally putting it away she looked him dead in the eye.

"My name is Joan."

"Joan...you mean Joan of arc. My god." Denis looked at her then looked at the book.

"I summoned Joan of arc, that means everything in that book was correct! The holy grail wars, the magic everything! And now I'm a part of it." He looked at her with a grin.

"Well then." he muttered with a confident and brutal smile. “My name is Denis, your partner.” He extended his hand. She turned her nose up, “I do not shake hands with the English, the sooner we win the holy grail the better it will be for both of us.”

Denis frowned, but shrugged at his rejected hand shake. “Very well, I’m new to this so we better start practicing, can we at least agree to that?”
    Joan eye’d him, Then removing her glove grabbed his hand, her own was surprisingly rough and gripped tightly like a crab pincer. “Very well, let us win this, together.”

13. Forgotten_Memories

Karin and Rider

Karin sat in the lunchhall at school. It was 12:45 PM. She had a full plate of food in front of her but couldn't eat - she was too worried about Rider back home, if he would be ready for tonight, when they was no longer under Sanctuary.

She had woken up at 7:30, when she usually did, and began her morning routine. By the time she was dressed, Rider began to stir.

"Huh? Where are you going?" He questioned her.

"To school," she explained. He gave her a funny look. "I still have to go about my normal life, you know, so no one suspects anything. Besides, we're under Sanctuary at the moment."

"Sanctuary? How long was I out for?" Rider tried to stand up, failed, and fell back onto the floor.

"You should rest." Karin advised him, as if she knew what she was doing. She had to be strong.

Rider scoffed. "There's no time to rest. We need to be out there - the Grail is within my reach!"

"What do you even want with it?" Karin asked as she put her grandfather's necklace on and tucked it into her school shirt.

There was a pause where Karin thought that Rider had maybe gone back to sleep, but then his low voice spoke again, "Do you believe in destiny, Karin?"

"That's a bit of a deep question to ask a seventeen year old, wouldn't you say?"

Rider laughed. "Maybe it is. But you see, I know my destiny. I know what awaits me at the end." The man raised his brawny right arm, hand-less, into the air above him, and stared at it. "And I want to change it. Odin had his Gleipnir. I will have my grail."

Karin nodded, not quite understanding what he meant. "Alright, but for now you need to rest. I'll be back in a few hours."

She left him grunting and turning in pain on the floor.

Karin turned on her mobile phone and checked the news. There was something about the power failure last night, and then an article about a strange meteorite that had crashed into the back of the Tanaka Industries building. Apparently it had disintegrated on impact. Karin, however, knew the real story - it was that Caster's doing. The one who had nearly killed her servant in only a couple of moments.

Karin really did want to help Rider, and decided that after school she would go to her grandfather's house to find something, anything, that could teach her of her magical roots and capabilities.

14. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Xayide

"You're going to school", Xayide announced over breakfast the next day. Nico nearly choked on her toast and gulped some orange drink to ease it down. Xayide waited patiently for her to speak, carving bits of her sunny-side-up eggs and popping them delicately into her mouth. Xayide was wearing a charcoal black pantsuit, that gleaming amethyst ring on her index finger and Louis Vuitton high heels--she looked like a kick-ass lawyer from hell. Her hair was once again pinned up in a tight bun, the single white streak tucked behind her ear.

Nico on the other hand looked like a street punk wearing a oversized men's leather jacket, a supershort mini-skirt and her signature platform boots. Her short raven hair was separated into two pigtails at the base of her neck secured by bright pink bows. "Why!?", Nico finally sputtered after clear her windpipe. Her eyes were still a little teary.

"Because", Xayide said calmly, "the maid saw you, the recepionist saw you, the doorman saw you, and Goddess know's who else saw you last night." As she spoke Xayide counted off her fingers with each witness. "If it gets out that I have a underaged child in my care that does not attend school, an investigation will ensue. And any two-bit cop worth there salt will find out that you don't have a real identity in half a week. So, it is already settled--you're going to school. And I want you to keep a good eye on your surroundings, young lady." With that, Xayide returned to methodically cutting up her eggs while Nico sulked.

And that's how it came to be that Nico arrived more than three hours late to school, the same school as Karin. When Nico noticed Karin during lunchbreak, she froze and stared at her. Could this be the real reason Xayide sent her here? To keep an eye on her enemies? Nico sat at a table not far from Karin's and stared at the girl, trying to figure out what her weaknesses were. A boy tried to sit across from Nico, but she scowled at him and his milk carton exploded in his face.

15. Pheonix

Rosie

All the way back to Rosie's house, she and the Assassin had discussed the Grail war. They had decided that during the day, he would scout out the city, while she was at school. Afterward, well, they could deal with that later, and Rosie didn't want to think about that to much.

The Assassin had very quietly sneaked into Rosie's house the night before, and slept in the bathtub of the bathroom attached to her room. He didn't like it much, she was already seeing that he was proud man, but agreed that it was better than the doghouse in the back yard.

Now she was at school, feeling very tired and preoccupied. And when she was preoccupied, her japansese started to fail her, and then she started to fumble over words. She'd already embarrassed herself in the first period when the teacher had asked her to explain the ramifications of the Fukishima meltdown on local agriculture. She had said something about farmer fish, and the whole class had started giggling at her.

Now she was in the cafeteria feeling lost and not at all interested in being at school. She spotted a mostly empty table, only one other person was there. She walked over and set down her tray across the table and a few seats down from the other girl.

"Hi, you don't mind if I sit here, do you?" Rosie asked. "Hey, we've had a class together before, haven't we? Karin right?"

16. AnonyMouse

Brock and Lancer

Lancer strolled into the kitchen, where he was greeted by the smells of breakfast and found Brock manning the stove. “Eggs?” the big man said, as he worked the skillet.

“No, thank you,” Lancer replied as he slid into a stool.

“Suit yourself, man,” Brock said as he scooped half a dozen scrambled eggs from the skillet and heaped them onto a plate, next to a huge pile of bacon and a tall glass of protein shake. “Where you been all mornin’, dude. I ain’t seen you since six.”

“On the computer,” Lancer said. “I took your laptop up to the roof, to peruse the Internet in solitude. It’s such a fascinating place.”

“Yeah, the view up there is pretty badass,” Brock said as he took a seat at the table.

“No, I meant the Internet. Fascinating. It’s an endless well of knowledge.”

Brock nearly gagged on his bacon. “Bullshit. Nothin’ but cats and porn on there, bro,” he said, stifling a laugh. “And cat porn,” he added before scooping the last of the food into his mouth.

“See, that kind of thinking is why the average person today is an idiot. You have so much at your fingertips, but you squander it all in the name of entertainment,” Lancer said. “It’s quite sad, really. Imagine the things I could’ve accomplished if I’d lived in your time, instead of my own.”

“I can't imagine anything, since I don't know who the heck you are,” Brock said with a mouthful. He paused to swallow. “Anyway, look around, man. You are living in our time. Welcome to 2013, the Information Age. Is that what you want the Grail for? Science stuff?"

“No. Science is merely a means to an end,” Lancer said, with a sinister spark in his steely gray eyes. “Once I have the Grail, I’ll never need science again.”

“Knowledge. That’s what you’re after,” Brock stood and dumped his empty plate in the sink. “Next time you’re on the Net, Google ‘Adam and Eve’ and let me know how the Tree of Knowledge thing worked out for them. Or how about Faust, who made a deal with the devil for knowledge. It kinda bit him in the ass, too. Knowledge is overrated, man.”

“I expect that kind of talk from a Neanderthal like you,” Lancer said.

“Well, this Neanderthal is headin’ out,” Brock said with a gesture to the door. “You comin” with me, smartass?”

“Where?”

Brock shrugged. “I don’t know," he teased. "I'm just a stupid caveman. And I don’t care.”

"Fine. But I'm bringing the laptop. I require a refuge from your idiocy," Lancer said as he followed his 'master' out the door, with the computer tucked under his arm.

17. Forgotten_Memories

Karin looked up at the girl. It was the American - Rosie. Karin had never really spoken to her, but she had her on Facebook.

"Sure, I don't mind," she replied, putting her phone away and pulling her tray closer. "We have biology together, don't we?"

She didn't have much interest in speaking with Rosie, so continued playing with her food, thinking of exactly what she might look for in her grandfather's house. He must've had something - a spell book, a magic orb, mirror, anything!

----------------Father Hiroshi-----------------

*Knock knock*

He was outside the door to the apartment of Fox Snider, the magi who had summoned the servant Archer a day before.

Snider was a very capable magi, so Hiroshi knew he wouldn't need to extend any help. On the contrary, the priest was here to ask for help for himself.

*knock knock* he hit the door harder.

18. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

A gun tapped lightly on the back of Hiroshi's head.

It was Fox who held the pistol he was dressed as he normally was save for the cape and the top hat. Archer was also there but not visible.

Fox's eyes were friendly as they always were as if the gun was just for show. "You a magus or something? Or a cop?" He asked Hiroshi. It wasn't a venomous voice. Just some sincere questions.

19. Exzalia

"These clothes are very revealing." Joan was dressed in modern clothes, a tee shirt skinny jeans. Nothing she had on looked particularly revealing to Denis, but she insisted it was not God like.

"Well it's either that or you go naked." Denis responded not looking up from reading the book of incantations and spells. "Mark you tell her." His roommate, a shaggy haired skinny kind of guy nodded. "Dudet...you're hot guurl."

"I am what?" Joan scoffed.

"Chillax man, I'm giving you a compliment babe."

Joan was utterly confused. "sacrebleu you englishmen have gone mad. He thinks I'm an infant!" Denis just chuckled, Joans culture shock was very amusing.

"Enough joking though. Joan when do we begin battling?" his remark made her serious in composer, but also put a smile on her face.
    "I take it you are ready? you mastered the three spells?"

"yes, with my first ability I should be able to spot another summoner just by looking at them, I know we can't fight in the day but that doesn't mean we shouldn't go scouting." Denis got up, and Joan followed him. He's serious Joan thought. Atleast this this englishman seems confident, and ready to draw blood for this Grail. She smiled, this Grail was as good as theirs.

20. AnonyMouse

Brock and Lancer

"I love this place," Brock declared, as he craned his neck to watch a trio of college girls walk by, their miiskirts swishing in the breeze.

"Yes, I can see why," Lancer said, in a bored voice. "And I was just beginning to wonder why a hairless ape like you would want to hang around a university campus..."

"Hey, I went to school, bro. I ain't dumb," Brock said. "I went to Tokyo University. I mean... I sorta dropped out, but that's not the point. I went and my grades wasn't half bad, so lay off me, man."

"So why'd you drop out?"

Brock just shrugged. "Shit happens." A change of subject was in order. "C'mon over here. There's this great sandwich shop by the dorms. You need to eat something. You're too skinny, man."

Lancer frowned. He was about 6'1" and 140 pounds, but didn't look unhealthy. Then again, next to Brock, any guy would look skinny. In his sweater vest, dress shirt, and creased pants, Lancer looked like a history professor. Brock looked like a young gym teacher with a serious steroid habit.

The sandwich shop was a small standalone cafe perched outside the student dormitories. It was tiny, but most of the tables were outside. "Alright, sit your ass down," Brock said and shoved Lancer into one of the seats. "I'm gonna order you a meatball sub the size of your friggin head, man, and you'd better eat it."

With a resigned sigh, Lancer set up the laptop. "I'll wait here," he said, ignoring Brock. The big man rushed into the shop, while his servant sat at a table outside, surfing the Web.

21. Exzalia

"You know you're kind of short for a bad ass warrior." Denis chimed as they walked through the university campus. "What's that? you want me to make you shorter than myself?" Joan snapped back slightly threateningly.

" Ha ha, you don't really do well with jokes do you?"

She crossed her arms and put her chin up. he chuckled at her and the two continued there antics down the campus. Eventually they went to a small shop to eat. "Hey Joa-er Jane I have a joke to tell you."

She cued in to his remark, Jane was what he was to call her around other servants, that meant there was one, and close. She leaned int.

"Don't look, but the man infront of us, he's one, a class Lancer."

She nodded looking to the side, "lets wait for his master to return, then let's see what we can squeeze out of them. With any luck his master is new to this all and will make careless remarks." he nodded.

"Let the game begin, after all the best way to defeat an opponent, is being their friend."

22. AnonyMouse

Brock and Lancer

“More cheese,” Brock said to the man behind the counter.

“B-but that’s already three times the regular amount,” the man said.

“Yeah, make it four. And throw a little more beef on there.”

The server did as he was told and piled the sandwich so high, the bun could barely cover it. Brock was smiling from ear to ear and wishing he hadn’t already eaten breakfast. The server wrapped the overstuffed sandwich in paper and Brock paid and left the shop.

When he reached Lancer, the man was still completely engrossed in his computer. “I just Googled myself,’ he said. “Fascinating…” Brock leaned over to see, but Lancer promptly closed the tab. “You didn’t think I’d make it that easy, did you?”

“I already know who you are,” Brock said as he sat down across from his friend and slid the ginormous sandwich in front of him.

“Oh, really?” Lancer said, ignoring the meaty monstrosity. “Who am I?”

“You’re a professor of Electrical Engineering. Your name is Lance Smith, and I’m a grad student apprenticing under you,” Brock replied. “That’s what I want you to say if that mage over there comes over here.”

“What mage… ohh, I see,” Lancer replied. He didn’t look at the man, but he could sense there was mana nearby.

“Act natural,” Brock said, also not looking in the direction of the mage, although he’d stolen a brief glace as he exited the shop a moment ago. Is that chick his servant? he thought. Why the hell couldn’t I get a hot servant, instead of this jackass? he thought, looking at Lancer, who resumed surfing the Web.

"Dude, can you even fight?" Brock whispered.

"I'd rather not," Lancer whispered back. "Let's see what they want first."

"The Grail, obviously. If they don't make the first move, I'll go over there," Brock said. "Chicks dig me. And the guy... ha, he's even scrawnier than you. I got this, bro."

23. Exzalia

"All right, act natural." Denis said he casually waltz up to the counter and ordered two burgers, he didn't make eye contact with the two, it was too soon for that. After there food appeared he turned around.

"Hmm, hey I don't think I've seen you around. You two new?" Denis said casually with a genuine smile on his face.

24. Forgotten_Memories

Hiroshi stood calm, and couldn't help but smile a little. "I am neither, Mr. Snider, and you sure do live up to your flashy reputation."

He waited for a response.

"My name is Hiroshi Nakamura, and I am the moderator of this Grail War, so I would suggest you put the gun down and invite me into your apartment. I may need your assistance."

25. AnonyMouse

"Yup. Just blew into town for the Grail War," Brock said with a grin.

Lancer's jaw dropped. What the Hell! What happened to that plan you had a moment ago!?

"I'm Brock and this is my professor, Mr. Smith," the big man said. His eyes shifted to the girl. "Wassup?" he said, with a charming smile. "Can I buy you a drink? Hungry?"

Lancer cleared his throat. "Lance Smith. A pleasure to meet you," he said, offering his hand to the bespectacled man, along with a sharp glance that seemed to say, don't try anything stupid.