1. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

What do you do besides writing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Scarecrow28, Aug 18, 2008.

What do you do when your not writing? I spend about 60% if my day working on writing or doing something involving writing in SOME way. Aside from that, I mostly just swim and ride bikes and things like that. During the schoolyear, academics occupy about 50%, which cuts down on my writing. Still, in the last two years or so, writing has become the primary focus in my life.

2. Alone And Tired

Alone And Tired New Member

I'm in a band and I'm also writing songs for a second band. Music Is a passion of mine. I may not be the best at it but still haha. I love listening to music as well and so on. Other than that, just meeting up with friends and so on.

3. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

I'm learning some guitar from tabs, mostly Coheed and Cambria stuff (bit of an obsessed fan, as you can probably tell by me avatar and sig :D)

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I work as an interpreter and I part time (very part time lately) as a personal trainer.

5. lessa

lessa New Member

I am a housewife.
    no job outside of the house.
    raised 2 boys so now I am a lady of leisure.
    Don and I fish canoe hunt do day trips on back roads
    looking for animals to video. and like to explore strange but interesting rivers and lakes.
    Most of our trips end up with ideas for my children's stories.
    Bears become dragons, partridge become characters areas become the settings.
    Oh yes I also complain about the weather.

6. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I love making movies, and hope to make a career out of it. I also like to play on my bass and figure out new things for it. Eh, other than that, I spend a lot of time with my friends. Hopefully a band I'm working on with some friends will get moving. I honestly don't write that much, but use it as more of a way to get the insane ideas I often have on to paper.

7. Alone And Tired

Alone And Tired New Member

Another bassist! Wooh! :D

8. DeceranPlane

DeceranPlane New Member

Aside from writing, most of the time i just vegetate before the computer watching videos, watching the news, and reading random stuff. But I love to listen to any music and I have a growing interest in cooking. Gardening may be in my future too.

9. Wreybies

I wanna' hang with lessa! :p You guys sound like fun! I love fishing and canoeing, and anything to do with the water.

10. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

It changes from month to month. Right now it's rock climbing, riding my motorcycle, and hanging out at the library. In two days it'll be homework.

11. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

^ Sounds fun. Minus the homework, of course.

Other than writing (and I'll presume reading also), I work.

If I'm not at work I take lots of naps. It's August and sticky-humid in California, so I'm pretty lazy around this time of year. Or I'll be out on the balcony with my cats, my chin over the ledge, spying on my neighbors. Or, if I'm lucky, go out on dates.

Not much to do where I live except shop and stuff my face: There's Chinatown, Korean Plaza, and Little Tokyo in my backyard. Also a little Russian area, a little Thai area, and an Indian community down in Cerritos, where I go with Indian friends to buy trinkets, or thread my eyebrows. Boring Boring Boring >>;;

12. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Yeah...homework. I'm actually heading off to buy my books and pay tuition right now. I get to wipe out my entire bank account in one fell swoop, how fun!

Really? A russian area? I never would have imagined a russian neighborhood anywhere.

13. Wreybies

'Frisco has one. So does New York. :rolleyes:

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

MIT in Cambridge. Massachusetts, USA has, or used to have, a dorm designated as Russian House.

15. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

Except in Russia, of course ;)

LA's got one too, though it's very, very small. We only have a few Russian shops.

16. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'm up and online between 6 and 7 am every day of the year and when i'm not writing my own stuff [which i don't do much of lately], i'm 'doing' the three writing forums i browse daily, editing/polishing the book i wrote for a woman who couldn't write it herself, working on whatever writing stuff people send me that needs help, doing whatever the local folks here need help with, and running the donation center i started for them that takes up the other half of the duplex where i live...

for 'brain-down' time that i need as relief from all the 'thinking' the mentoring/writing work takes, i do 1,000-1,500 pc jigsaw puzzles, ny times sunday crosswords, and the hardest acrostics i can find in book form at amazon... other than that, i walk to the nearby little grocery shops when i need something and keep tabs on the news i have on all day long [switching between cnn and fox]and watch shows that i like on tv at night, reading a bit of my current junk reading fix to put me to sleep just before midnight...

17. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ny's brighton beach [part of brooklyn] is famous/infamous as 'little russia' or 'little odessa'... has even been featured in several major movies and tv shows like L&O...

18. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

I relax the rest of the time unless there is something important. What I do during relax time varies from outside enjoying nature to just sleeping.

19. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

Usually:
    Biking, Basketball, Soccer, working on my upcoming music store, and hanging with friends.

20. Last1Left

Last1Left Active Member

Well, aside from school and writing, I work, eat, fence, race, and hang out with friends. Simple.

21. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

School and work occupy my non-writing time.
    I should say, writing is the only activity that satisfies my craving for me time. :)

22. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Tuesday mornings (usually this time) I am in class studying to be a TA, other than that I tend to my little angels 24/7 and I spend time with friends and family. Recently I started making clothing just for something other than writing, studying and motherly duties, to help pass time away.
    I also joined a gym this week, so Mondays and Wednesdays I go to the gym and workout.

23. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Volleyball occupies a lot of my time, as I'm either at practice each day for 2 hours or at some sort of tournament. I hope to someday play volleyball in college, or in the olympics. Hehe.

I also love music; I'm in a band and currently learning to play the drums.

Reading and academics take up most of my time. I have to study, do homework, and love reading anything fantasy!

I also love to RP! I own quite a few sites and spend a few hours a day Roleplaying and working on my many sites.

24. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

I work a lot. -_-' Right now I'm working about 50 hours a week. When I'm not working I'm probably asleep. This is the case lately. Soooo tired.

When I have free time not spent on writing, I either go for a run/jog, go shopping, read, the movies... that's pretty much it as of recent, heh. But again, right now it's been mostly working and sleeping.

25. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Awesome! How long have you been playing?