Favorite quote from your main character

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by HollowOwl, Feb 13, 2014.

1. nataku

nataku Member

I'd have to go for Ra's famous attempt not to curse: "What the cookie-cutters?!"

Oscar Leigh and Cave Troll like this.
  2. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Amy Carmine: You think I don't get that? Any serial killer in her right mind knows she's not like other people!

3. Robert Musil

Robert Musil Comparativist Contributor

Technically spoken to my MC, not by him. He's been playing a game of chess against his soon-to-be father-in-law, and although the game ended prematurely he was losing quite badly.

“You should attend to your pawns, young man. They are the most powerful pieces on the board.”​

[MC gives him a startled look] “Oh yes,” he said, “who did you think it was? The queen? That bitch does whatever you tell her to. Any square you want to move her to, she goes there. But the pawns? Tell them to move off their file, or to move three squares ahead at once, and see if they do it or not. Tell me, how can a piece be powerful in the face of the enemy when it can't even stand up to its owner?” He laughed. “Don't confuse the fact that pawns are obstinate, with the idea that they are weak. When used properly, the eight of them are far more powerful than a queen.”​

4. Warbuck

Warbuck New Member

I gave him a flat look and said, "The trick to ruling the world, is not letting anyone know you've conquered it."

Oscar Leigh, jim onion and Parker101 like this.
  5. nataku

nataku Member

Another one I rather like: "Smile; make em worry what you'll do next." a grinning Max and Triton said in unison.

6. Simpson17866

Charlie starts walking to the door again. Eyes are hungrier for violence than Brutus and Cassius at a salad bar, but the rest of her face is level.

Wonder if I’m doing as well.

Cave Troll likes this.
  7. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    “I have something special planned for you Mr. Riley. As much as I would love to watch you squirm like a worm on a hook, I still have a conscience. Mercy to your predicament this evening, but not in the future. Cause unlike your puppet masters, I wish to have the dignity of kicking your insolent ass on the battlefield.” Taking a pause letting my little speech sink in. “For now you will have a nice chat, and a drink as a token of being my unwilling guest. Then until I am ready to send you back to your puppeteers. I want you to think long and hard on how you are going to explain to your superiors how you failed them. Then once you have concluded that I would like you to follow up with this crucial piece of news. You tell them that the rider on a pale horse is coming. That they should listen for the thundering hooves, shall announce the arrival of their fall from their stolen position”, I order the enemy officer, “I want you to send my condolences to the families of you and your men. I want you to all say your farewells as well. For those that will be left, they will beg for forgiveness for what they have done. Beg for mercy from the very people you and those above you have oppressed. Though I fear they may not rule lightly when all is said and done, “ I continue, taking one of his dog tags and tossing the other in his lap, “I leave you the gift that in my eyes, you are already dead. Saving myself the trouble of adding you to my collection of officers, because I promise you the next time we meet, I will kill you.”

8. Caveriver

Caveriver Active Member

"Relax. He didn't get to rape me...." "But he was giving it his best shot, till I cut the bastard's throat. "

Cave Troll likes this.
  9. Simpson17866

Not sure when I'll be able to use this, but:

---

Alec: "Yeah, I love her. I love her as the most important friend in my life, and when she gets married someday, I will be walking her down the aisle, not waiting at the altar, and the guy waiting at the altar will not be my brother-in-law, not my friend or acquaintance. You don't like me, I don't like you, and if this was about you and me, then I wouldn't want you as a brother and I don't think you would want me either. Guess what: this ain't about us, this is about Amy. She loves us, not just one of us, and I ain't gonna be the jackass who makes her pick sides. You do want to make her pick, then maybe you don't love her as much as you think you do. We gonna find a way to be good?"

[Other guy shakes Alec's hand]: "So is this the part where you say 'If you hurt Amy in any way, then I'm going to kill you'?"

Alec: "Amy's got almost as many points on the scoreboard as Ted Bundy or John Wayne Gacy. You try to hurt the Richmond Ripper, I ain't gonna save you."

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Komposten likes this.
  10. Scot

Scot Senior Member

"All I want is a hot bath, a cold drink and a warm woman; ideally at the same time."

cydney likes this.
  11. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Chris to Blade in regard of a cup of coffee

"Georgie says she's made it like she likes her men , strong, black and hot"

12. Cave Troll

Marckus when meeting with the administrators on Helene Civilian Science Facility in the Saturn System, Using the threat of Centurian Heavy Armor to a comical advantage:

“Either you extend invitation to me, or I let Teewdle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum wreak havoc on you and your chemistry set,” I assert my authority further,” as I am sure they were very forthcoming in getting you to afford us landing clearance.” I made sure that the two armor pilots were well informed on making it a non negotiable point, short of allowing them to fire a few warning shots.

cydney likes this.
  13. cydney

cydney Banned

@Cave Troll You are such a delight! :)

Cave Troll likes this.
  14. Simpson17866

Alec: "Can I just be the first to say –"

Sheridan: "Can't imagine how. You really think no one ever said it in the world before you did?"

Alec: "... Sporgle cork."

Sheridan: "What."

---

Sheridan [huffing out after Alec and Amy started joking around instead of paying attention]: "So just call me back when you and Amy are done sporgling?"

15. Cave Troll

@cydney You are too sweet. :supersmile:Whatever am I going to do with you?:superwink:

16. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Blake (regarding her best friend's date): “Yes, I saw her ass. The moon man saw her ass. It's like the Great Wall of China of butts. No, belay my last, that's the Stradivarius, Rolls Royce, and the Hope Diamond of asses.”

Blake: “So, what's the best way to get rid of a guy? I'm in desperate need of advice.”
    Jamie: “Shit in his mouth. Punch him in the dick. Those are pretty much your options.”

Blake (to her best friend/fuck buddy): "I've been treating you like a fucking thing, an object, like a dildo, a really good dildo that's way out of my price range. And that's wrong."

17. Simpson17866

Amy: "I dunno. I mean I really like Albert Am, but every other philosopher I've read has bored me to death by the end of the first page."

Sheridan: "Am? Never heard of him."

Amy: "Well, his name's spelled C-A-M-U-S, but let's be honest the guy's French."

Alec: ":facepalms: OK, first of all, I'm pretty sure it's pronounced CAME-you, second of all, didn't he say that he despised the concept of philosophy?"

Amy: "Yes, exactly, for the same reasons I said that I don't like it either. I'd rather live my own life than let somebody else tell me what to do."

Sheridan: "Kind of like Nietzche?"

Amy: "Nah, Nietzche might as well be the Jackson Pollock of philosophy, Camus' more like the Tristan Tzara."

---

Alec: "... Huh. So if I had to give Shamu another try, any good titles I should start with?"

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  18. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

on the discovery that his side are facing the wrong end of 4:1 odds

Blade : this is like when he's holding a sword and you are holding a toothpick.... so you jam the toothpick into his eye and kick him in the fork until his bollocks burst

19. Simpson17866

Charlie: You kidding? Guys in America are supposed to be heterosexual/aromantic, they just end up repressing themselves because most of them are heteroromantics trying to turn themselves aromantic.

Alec: Wow, so I'm already the thing that other guys hurt themselves trying to be like?

Charlie: Of course, you could just be a socially-stunted sociopath.

Alec: Who the hell are you calling "socially stunted"? I'm great with people!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  20. JJagain

JJagain New Member

After the MC climbs out of a carriage after a very bumpy ride (places his fists into the small of his back and stretches):

'By the Lady's teeth - that thing bounces like a tuppenny-whore. Jonas, get over here.'

21. Simpson17866

So my self-described "Lawful Evil egalitarian" guy's going over the get-up he's wearing for a bank robbery:

Part of me feels I should be wearing a safety pin right now, but even if it weren't a "distinguishing feature," I still don't think I should be ruining the symbol for everybody else when I have to do something so markedly unsafe right now. Plus, more importantly, Charlie's the boss and she told me not to do it.​

22. PilotMobius

PilotMobius Active Member

"Most everyday problems can be solved with a roll of duct tape and a gun. If it can't be solved, we'll just get a bigger gun."

Cave Troll likes this.
  23. Kerilum

Kerilum Active Member

(This is paraphrased, but I remember it quite accurately so it may only be 6-7 words off)

Kaleb: "Do you know what I'd like to do? I've got extra room in my living space for a small little garden, and you seem like the fella' that could help me" ... "So, I'm going to tie you to a barbwire rope in my basement and each day when I get home from work, I'm going to cut an inch off of your limbs, my friend. And when you're dead, I'm going to take your nasty little limbs, organs, teeth, and I'm going to sprinkle them over the ground, grow them into--er--broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, and little berries. I'm going to eat a garden of you."

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  24. Rainer

Rainer Member

It's not like she can un-fuck me.

25. Cave Troll

Kinda duel MC quote. Graxis says it in Retaliation, and Marckus thinks it in Resolution.

Sometimes you have to lose before you can win.

jim onion and Oscar Leigh like this.