Tags:
  1. Darthgumby

Darthgumby New Member

Oh God It's Dead!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darthgumby, Jun 26, 2008.

he's dead jim. The xbox of mine. I was playing katamari and i was doing good, and then all the sudden it froze. I have things freeze on me all the time, i thought i would just restart it. But then it glitched and now i just get that crappy red ring blinking at me. I hadn't been playing more than ten minutes and it happened. I am so lost without my xbox. Kind of ironic though, the one day i decide to stay home and do nothing, something like this happens. I don't have the receipt either. I can't bring it in until after 8pm because the manager is the only one who can look up the records where i bought it. So all i can do now is lay myself down on the floor and cry.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

There's always outside. A good bike ride never killed anyone. :D

3. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Oh no! Do you have a warranty for it?

4. lessa

lessa New Member

mother mode turned on.
    you could clean your room.

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

:D AWEsome! :D

6. Scribe Rewan

Scribe Rewan New Member

your talking about a 360 right? (I dont know anythign about Xbox's so if they have an ROL too then sorry and stop reading as the rest is useless to you!) If it's 3 red lights then it's a motherboard fault, for which you will stil be covered by warranty (microsoft had this problem so much they extended the warranty to 3 years) go on their website, find the right address and send it off and they'll collect, repair and deliver it free. They even gave me a 1 month free gold LIVE subscription as an apology. Gotta love microsoft, even if they are all evil.

7. FoxyMomma

FoxyMomma New Member

I've been through 3 360's since last february when I bought it brand new. The warranty info is on microsofts website. They will send you a box to send it to them. The lights are called the "ring of death". Have fun!

8. Darthgumby

Darthgumby New Member

they will get no such box from me. i will fix it myself if i have to.

9. FoxyMomma

FoxyMomma New Member

You fix it yourself and you void the warranty!! Be careful!

10. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

A red ring..? Oh no, the red ring of dead! It was really common in the beggining of this year, hundreds of xBox 360s being sent to Microsoft. Well... I hope they find the records.

11. Firefly

Firefly Member

Ah, yes. Evil Microsoft. "The Man." I'd suggest sending it back to Microsoft to get a replacement. I haven't heard much about 360s but I've heard that they're pretty glitchy.

That's why I prefer the good ol' PC to play my games. I can play anything from ancient games from before I was born to the newest game on the market. I even have a Playstation emulator, and I used to have a Super Nintendo emulator which I will probably get again soon.

12. Darthgumby

Darthgumby New Member

i'm just hoping my purchase is still in their records. i have to call the main office and see if i can get a copy of my receipt faxed out, then i can swap it for another one in the store once one comes in. it's not too complicated, i just hope i used my membership card when i bought it so they know.