Favourite Bands/Artists?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carpa Túnel, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Nofe air..........you join him and the world's going down the drain....what if we form forces against him and defeat him..?? You can be Julius Caesar, I'll be satisfied being Mark Antony...........lol

2. Slippery

Slippery New Member

Dibs on Malcolm X.

3. Carpa Túnel

Carpa Túnel New Member

Panic are'nt punk anymore though. Just check out their newer songs, like Northern Downpour.

4. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Nice one. :p

Fair enough. I checked out a couple of their newer songs on Myspace, and they've gone 'big band'. A mature step up, but I still think they're mediocre. Just my opinion. ;)

5. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Has anyone heard of The Germs? Classic punk rock. So is Fear and DI. I also like Metallica, AC/DC, White Zombie, and Slayer a lot.

6. the norse atlantic saga

the norse atlantic saga New Member

i used to listen to Fear and and the Germs a lot. Media Blitz is a rockin song. I've always been a big fan of that sort of thing, haha.

7. Mr Sci Fi

Mr Sci Fi New Member

"Rainy Monday" and "Float On" are actually my least favorite songs of Shiny Toy Guns and Modest Mouse. "You Are The One" or "Don't Cry Out" for STG and "The Good Times Are Killing Me" or "Trailer Trash" for Modest Mouse are among my favorites.

"Road To Nowhere", is of course legendary. As is every Talking Heads song.

You rule, by the way.

8. Bick

Bick New Member

I loovve Shiny Toy Guns, but they are only my favorite modern band. Michael Buble, I guess would be my favorite singer, from the modern music.

I can't really pick who I like better from the oldies, but I think if anyone I would pick Dean Martin or Nat King Cole.

9. ValianceInEnd

That's awesome! So few people really know any of the truly influential underground punk bands. Do you like or know any other L.A. bands? And Media Blitz is a great song. :D

10. JMStone

JMStone Member

Rascal. Flatts. They have my heart wound around each of their beautiful and talented fingers =) It's love. lol That's also the only country music I listen to... Is that weird?! X.x

11. the norse atlantic saga

I've only met people who like this music via shows/bands/friends of friends in bands. It is a pretty rare thing, relative to the number of people you meet in your life, haha.

The Weirdos and The Screamers were both awesome as well. The Screamers stuff is relatively hard to find because all they ever released was a bunch of demos.

I think 77-81 is my favourite time for music. Australia had rad bands too, stuff like Radio Birdman and the Saints... often bluesy, sometimes guitar-technical, but never boring.

12. ValianceInEnd

Oh, I love The Weirdos. Unfortunately, I wasn't alive around the time they were together but my father informs me that they put on great shows.
    I also don't know too much about Australian bands and haven't heard of those. I'll give them a check.

13. the norse atlantic saga

please do, they rule! and I wasn't kicking it back then either, but if I had been it would have been awesome.

14. parasitebob

parasitebob New Member

The Cure, The Clash, Johnny Cash, Otep, Bjork, Souixsie and the Banshees, Black Flag, Jimmie Hendrix, The Doors, The Smiths, Smashing Pumpkins, Nina Simone, White Stripes, Frank Sinatra, Blondie