Tags:
  1. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

Podcasts

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Kinzvlle, Jan 26, 2019.

I`ve always liked podcasts but with all the media grabbing for attention these day`s I haven`t always found time to listen as regularly as i`d like. Partly due to my lack of time management skills in anything. However, I`ve been working out regularly or trying to recently. I`d like to join a gym at some point, but for now i`m doing what I can in my chambers. This allows me to set up podcasts on my laptop to listen to. Giving me the perfect time to catch up on them which I`ve been quite enjoying.

I`d be very interesting in hearing about any you`ve been listening to, and any recommendations.

I`ve been listening to:

Beneath Ceaseless Skies Audio Fiction: BCS is a great fantasy lit mag. They take a story from each issue or so and make an audio version of it. Is a great listen just as the magazines a great read.

Lore(and his whole family of podcasts tbh): Lore`s a great podcast I`ve always loved. All about folk lore, dark historical tales, and such things. He`s grown quite the little empire out of it with a TV series, books, and two other podcasts. One going into a deeper story and event each season (ex: Salem Witch trials) and another one focusing on short tales about interesting things on display in history. All three are great listens.

The Valleycast: You remember Sourcefed? Well that`s still dead but the original group of hosts is working together again on multiple projects including this great podcast. Very enjoyable time of very genuinely funny people just bantering about various topics.

Tale Foundry: Idk if this actually counts as a podcast, but it`s a great project to listen to. Especially as writers. Very much about tales, and storys and how they work.

Dynamic Banter: Dynamic Banter, is similar to the Valleycast one of the two hosts is from there, and the other pops up on there sometimes. They even record in the same space. Mike also worked at Sourcefed towards the end. Two great comedians bantering again, even more of a movie pop culture kinda focus. It`s just a good time.

Cave Troll likes this.
  2. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Hardcore History, Writing Excuses, and Welcome to Night Vale are the ones I've got on my mobile at the moment. I used to listen to The Vinyl Cafe (also technically a radio show and not a podcast), but since the guy that did them passed away a few years back, it's been hard to find episode of them.

Kinzvlle likes this.
  3. EBohio

EBohio Banned

If you like UFO's, strange occurrences, life after death, and other unexplained stuff then try Coast to Coast AM.

Kinzvlle likes this.
  4. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

Listened to Hardcore History the other day, on the Celtic Holocaust one. Was quite a good listen, kept listening through out the day. Very interesting stuff.

The Dapper Hooligan likes this.
  5. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

My History teacher in uni got me turned on to him saying his Blueprint for Armageddon series was a good way to catch up in WW1 history before we got into the intricate stuff.

Kinzvlle likes this.
  6. Capslock

Capslock Active Member

Chris Dlia
    Theo von
    Joe Rogan
    Louder with crowder

7. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Maybe this is audiobook, not a podcast. But still...

Write. Publish. Repeat.