Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastGothicPost

EastGothicPost New Member

Feedback on NV y satire

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by EastGothicPost, Apr 28, 2020.

Hey

I just started writing satire and funny news articles and I am wondering if there is someone that wants to give me feedback and tips. I would be really grateful, I will send an article in the thread, and send more if I get feedback

2. EastGothicPost

EastGothicPost New Member

I noticed now that I made a typo in the title and I can't seem to find how to edit it.

3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi there, @EastGothicPost

I'm one of the forum moderators, and I want to welcome you to the forum. However, you're jumping the gun a bit, asking for feedback and tips at this stage.

First of all, the only place on the forum that you are allowed to post your work for feedback (critique) is in our Workshop area.

If you take a look at our New Member Quick Start you will see there are three requirements you must meet before you can do that.

One - you must have been a member here for 14 days

Two - you must have made at least 20 posts around the forum

At this point, your status underneath your Username will change from New Member to Member.

Three - and this is important. You must ALSO have done at least 2 critiques (pieces of feedback) for other people who have posted work in the Workshop. This ratio of two critiques from you to one of your own submitted pieces isn't just for New Members. This ratio exists for as long as you're a member here. So if you want to put two pieces of your own work up, you need to do 4 critiques.

This rule exists so people can't just join the forum, get feedback, and then go away. It's very much give and take here. It also makes sense, because if everybody just asked for feedback and nobody ever gave any, then nobody would GET any feedback! :) So it's 2:1, every time.

If you're not sure what we mean by feedback or critique, this link might help you.
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/

I would also suggest you take time to read our Forum Rules which will let you know more about how the forum operates.

Anyway, I'm locking this thread, but leaving it here. You haven't actually done anything wrong ...this is a VERY common New Member mistake. Folks get excited about joining up and haven't yet read the rules or the New Member Guide, so they don't know. No big deal.

I look forward to seeing you around the threads, and look forward to seeing your work in the Workshop, once you've fulfilled your starter requirements. I'm sure lots of people will be happy to help.

If you have any problems getting settled, just ask me via a 'conversation' (click my owl avatar and follow the signs!) and I'll do my best to help.

Cheers for now,

Jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.