1. JayNichols1989writer

JayNichols1989writer New Member

Fellow Writers, I am here for a partner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JayNichols1989writer, Nov 28, 2017.

Fellow writers,

I am in search of a fellow writer who is interested in making some money by writing either a movie script or novel with me about the end of the world through my thrilling story eyes. Once we get acquainted we will share email messages or messages on this forum, about the story and how to go about our business, we should be very dedicated to our craft within the science fiction realm and write a thrilling story together, what do you say, financial compensation will only be included if we are able to sell our work.

James Warren Nichols

2. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

I only read the title and I'm totally fine with turning this place into a dating-site!

No, sorry, can't help you with your actuall question. Good luck, though!

John-Wayne likes this.
  3. OJB

OJB A Mean Old Man Contributor

So, in other words, you have an 'idea' but don't have the skills to write (if you do, why do you need a partner then?) and you looking for someone to do the heavy lifting for you. Your proposal is not realistic. If you want a 'ghostwriter,' you need to be willing to pay someone for their work up front, not if it sells.

BayView, John-Wayne and Trish like this.
  4. JayNichols1989writer

Hey I can write, pal, I already have a novel written, needs work in the editing department, but other than that, I have already written works.

5. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

If you can already write and have written works, why do you need someone else?

6. Iain Sparrow

Iain Sparrow Banned Contributor

This may come as a shocker, but nearly every artistic medium operates within a collaborative framework. Movies, gaming, theatre, all driven by artists with different talents coming together to produce a single piece of work. I have a writing partner and the experience has been amazing.

Good luck, Jay!

7. Trish

No, actually it doesn't come as a shock. And, he said a movie script or novel, and it's SF so clearly fiction. I fail to see your point.

8. Iain Sparrow

Iain Sparrow Banned Contributor

No doubt.
    You asked him why would he need a writing partner, as if perhaps he has some other motivation in mind. Is it so odd to collaborate with someone on a work of fiction?

9. Trish

I do think it's fairly uncommon, but I was more thinking along the same lines that @OJB was, primarily because if I was going to look for a collab partner for anything, I certainly wouldn't join a site and immediately start asking for someone to come work with me. I'd want to get to know people first. And, in his first post, it did very much sound like he just wanted someone to write for him through his "thrilling story eyes" - which implies, to me, that he has an idea but lacks the technical knowledge or ability to write it himself.

Homer Potvin and John-Wayne like this.
  10. JayNichols1989writer

I see what you are saying. I should have led with my name is James, I am 28 years old, I am a former Air Force Airman, otherwise known as an Air Force Veteran now civilian and for the last thirteen plus years I have been working on this story to become either novels or movie scripts to tell the end of the world story I dreamed about one day. I live in Massachusetts, I am an avid Patriots, Celtics, and Red Sox fan, occasionally the Bruins. I love Duke Basketball and Alabama football, I went to Plymouth State University for a year, I fell in love with a fellow airman in the Air Force, I got rejected, It hurt for over three years, in which therapy improved my outlook on the situation, just recently I have started to talk to girls again by going to the local bar and meeting them, nothing stuck. I live in Harwich, on the elbow of Cape Cod, MA. My brother who is 24 is a Naval Officer, Lieutenant Junior Grade, he is going to be a navigator for one of the newest warships in the Navy fleet. My 19 year old brother had a promising career in college for baseball until he partially tore his UCL, he is rehabbing it hoping to play this Spring. I love the weather. I actually focused my first novel on three massive hurricanes making landfall on the US mainland all within 36 hours. I was told I have good character development. I would like to know you too.

Trish likes this.
  11. Trish

That is quite the bio, James. Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service (and your brother's as well). Apologies for the feather fluffing.

12. JayNichols1989writer

No problem Trish

13. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

My advice would be to take a full part in the writing comunity here (and elsewhere) and when you meet the criteria (14 days 20 posts, 2 crits given for each one solicitted) to post work for critique and generally get yourself known - then post a request in the collab forum (access for that requires 90 days and 100 posts i think)

With respect no one worth partnering with is going to partner with someone they don't know and who's work they haven't seen.

Incidentally you are highly unlikely to make much money with one novel ... and movie scripts are difficult to sell at the best of times