Feyfalken Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by AnonyMouse, May 6, 2014.

1. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

You're all gonna be nuts by the time I'm done. :twisted:

2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

i think he'll end up giving vlad some after this bit... *wince*

3. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

So I'm back.

I've read most of what I missed but just to confirm:

Everybody's back on the ship.
    There's a UFO approaching.

Besides that, could someone fill me in about the relic(s) about which Vlad and Sabre are talking about (no spoilers, of course, but I'm afraid I've been skimming)/what's up with Vlad?

4. Keitsumah

Vlad has a small egg-shaped stone on a pin that he got from his mother, and now it's begun to super-charge him. They don't know why, or what it will result in. Currently only Sabre and Dr. Kane know the truth, but you guys can have your characters comment on Vlad being "odd" the last couple days since he refuses to come out of his quarters. We'll be getting an update on his condition since me and Nemesis are making a collab right now anyways.

Crumpets likes this.
  5. Keitsumah

I'm just gonna say good thing there two head of security. Dorian's about to get his boat rocked further.

6. Master Attano

Master Attano Active Member

Hey don't worry about that collab I mentioned @Mike Nemesis things seem to have moved on and I'm sure Sabre's going to be rushing around not chilling in the training room. Next time though :)

7. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

Yep seems like it, have my hands rather full in my collab with Keit as it turns out.

8. Keitsumah

well Sabre does... XD

9. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I think I'll have Tessa on the backburner for now until the action happens, I'm not gonna try and force her into this fortress story just to be part of it. She can stay in the looney bin for a little while longer :) - I am intrigued to find out what's about to happen though; what is this mysterious black fortress!?

10. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

These poor punching bags, don't you know we have a limited supply. Between Vlad and Kane we're going to run out haha.

I'm off island hopping this afternoon so doubt I will be posting until Monday evening. Have a good weekend.

Master Attano likes this.
  11. Master Attano

Wow @Keitsumah ....... I didn't see that coming! :D

12. Keitsumah

Anon and i had that planned from close to the beginning actually :p i wanted to go lightning man but we agreed it was too refined for an untrained mage in a panic

13. Master Attano

haha yeah, though if Johnathon keeps up he's going to be a lightning man but get himself fried :p

14. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Is the bridge damaged at all?

15. AnonyMouse

Nah, not yet. The dragon may have cracked the glass a little and i'm sure all the turning about has made quite a mess, but the bridge hasn't taken a direct hit yet.

But we're still being strafed by lasers and hit by falling debris, so that could change at any moment. No place is safe.

16. Keitsumah

hmmm... is this my first death-scene on WF?

17. Master Attano

Did you write it in or was it a collab with Anony @Keitsumah ?

(I'm trying to figure out what his chances are :p )

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  18. Keitsumah

collab. and physically he should be very, very dead but with one demoness around and the fictional nature of role-plays... yeah he may still have a chance. Barely.

Doesn't mean he'll be able to recover mentally though.

19. Keitsumah

also: fun fact i have the nickname "dragon girl" at college lol. i guess i gave my drawing teach done too many sketches of that particular creature :rolleyes:

20. Master Attano

Well I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of him, hopefully he's ok. In more than a Tessa way if he is alive.

21. Keitsumah

Not quite that bad. You'll see if he does live. Though he may need someone to slap him silly the first few rounds. (he's gonna be so guilty...)

Impatient birdy is imaptient RAAAA! Anon get ur butt on here i need my crack! :p

22. Keitsumah

Why is no one posting? Anon I'm gonna collab u again in a sec i need ur demoness

23. AnonyMouse

She's coming.

I'm finally back. Long day at work yesterday, then I was blocked from WF all morning today. :( I stayed up until 2am writing a post, which I intended to post this morning, but no computer in my house would load WF at all. Nearly seven hours later, it finally decided to let me through. VERY frustrating.

24. Keitsumah

ouch. too bad i can't teleport my bf to you he's a genius with computers :D

25. AnonyMouse

Alright, peeps, I'm working on a post that should get us outta here. I'm nearly done torturing you. :) In the meantime, here's Fey's character sheet, which I intended to post this morning and nearly forgot, LOL. Great posting, BTW. The past week or so has been a smorsgasbord of awesome collabs and plot twists. Keep up the good work, everyone. :D

Full Name: Her true name is unspeakable in any human tongue; she simply goes by “Fey,” an old Arcanian word for elementals

Gender/Age: Fey only comes in one flavor, but it's always the one you want

Job: Senior Consultant on Arcane Affairs, Transdimensional Topography, and Carnal Knowledge

Appearance:
    Fey is made of living water, so she has no definite shape, but her favorite form is that of a beautiful woman. Because she feeds on the sexual desires of others, she tries to be as attractive as possible. Since the crew is predominantly male, her “default” appearance is a combination of stereotypical male fantasies -- large breasts, slender waistline, long shapely legs, wide hips, etcetera. When she finds out a person’s particular preferences, she sometimes tailors her appearance to them. During ‘intimate encounters,’ she can become just about anything her current mate desires. Her complexion, however, is always pale blue, with white hair, striking blue eyes, and distinctive ice-horns on her head.

Her appearance changes as her power increases. Fey’s body is made of water over a skeleton of ice. As she feeds, she becomes less transparent until her bones and the bluish glow of her heart are no longer visible and her horns grow from small nubs to long, curved monstrosities. When she is especially strong, strange markings begin to appear on her skin like war paint or the stripes of a poisonous animal, giving her a sinister appearance. Ironically, the stronger she gets, the more primal and demonic she appears, but she is actually less aggressive in this state because she is well-fed and no longer searching for a mate.

Personality:
    Fey is a creature of loose morals and ever-shifting desires. She is easily bored, so she spends most of her time seeking ways to entertain or pleasure herself. She has an appreciation for true romance… but that takes too damn long, so raw, unbridled lust is often her weapon of choice and she wields it masterfully. Fey can be very charismatic and even genuinely friendly, but beneath that is a creature who is instinctually predatory. She doesn’t always handle rejection well and has a dark side that comes out when she feels disrespected or unwanted, but she sometimes likes a mate who is playing hard to get. In her opinion, anyone brave enough (or stupid enough) to turn down a siren must be an exceptional person.

Most of all, Fey does not like to be alone or controlled and is most dangerous when she feels she is being manipulated or abandoned. When she helps others, she does so on her own terms; trying to blackmail, control, or manipulate her is like playing with fire. She is intensely loyal to her friends, but calling upon her for aid is a double-edged sword. When force becomes necessary she adopts a “scorched earth” policy, which can make her a frightening ally and a dangerous enemy. The ruthlessness with which she hunts her adversaries serves as a reminder that she is not human, but a force of nature. Although sirens are not easily provoked, their wrath is legendary.

Background:
    The name of Lucien LeVan Lancaster is well known throughout Aeternia. He is remembered as a great explorer, philosopher, and inventor, a man who sought to divine all of the world’s secrets, and later went on to found Lancaster Heavy Industries, one of the largest manufacturing firms in the world. He was a genius who not only searched for truths, but found them, packaged them, and sold them to the highest bidder. But there are some truths even a Lancaster won’t speak of, because no amount of fame or renown can lessen the sting of being labeled a mage.

Very little is known about the latter years of Lucien’s life. He suddenly handed LHI over to his son, Alexander Excelsius Lancaster, who grew the company into the economic giant it is today, while Lucien disappeared from the public spotlight. He stopped exploring the world and settled down to build Coldharbor, a massive underground research facility which nearly bankrupted the company. Lucien whiled away the last of his days in isolation, churning out engineering marvels at an astonishing rate, while he slowly wasted away, forgotten by his estranged wife and adult children.

Some say he was obsessed or had gone mad. Coldharbor’s infamous Laboratory 13 became Lucien’s personal padded cell and, eventually, his tomb. By the time of his death, he’d lost nearly half of his body weight and was barely recognizable, even to his family. The world mourned the loss of a genius. Many years and hard questions later, Alexander finally told his daughter, Reina Integra Lancaster, what had driven her grandfather crazy. When she came of age, he explained to her the true nature of Coldharbor. The entire facility was a magical apparatus created for one purpose: to contain a powerful being ripped from Transmundus and held prisoner on the material plane.

At age sixteen, a young Reina Lancaster was introduced to “Fey,” her grandfather’s mistress, muse, and murderer, a deadly siren he discovered in his travels. “There are some things even the greatest minds cannot comprehend. There are forces we cannot control, only contain,” her father explained as they stood before a large glass aquarium covered in arcane symbols, written in her grandfather’s blood. An impossibly beautiful horned demon floated inside. Its piercing blue eyes seemed to stare into the girl’s soul and grip her heart with unwanted emotions. “We don’t dabble in this sort of thing any longer,” Alexander said as he led his daughter away from that dark place. “We are men of science. The company has moved on to other projects.”

The visit to Coldharbor was supposed to convince his daughter to give up her mad pursuit of knowledge and become a ‘proper lady’ instead. But, where her father saw the captured succubus as Lucien’s greatest folly, Integra saw untapped potential. She neither loved nor hated Fey. Lucien’s lust had been his undoing; she never blamed Fey for his death. He saw the monster as a woman and that “woman” destroyed him. Integra would not make the same mistake. She studied the creature, but remained cold and detached as she did so. Fey was a force, no different from gravity or magnetism or the steam pressure in an engine. Forces could be harnessed.

Nearly a decade later, after years of secretly researching arcane theory, Integra slapped the blueprints for the Feyfalken on her father’s desk. “I’m going to build this,” she said. “You can either help me or get out of my way.” The rest is history.

Skills: Fey’s greatest skill is her ability to possess and control water (including ice and steam). She was once bound to the ship’s steamworks and her presence kept the Feyfalken’s engines operating at an impossible 100% efficiency. Despite being set free, she continued to voluntarily perform that function. Like all sirens, she also has an incredibly captivating singing voice. Her songs speak directly to the souls of mortals and can plant subversive thoughts, which can later manifest in dreams.

Misc: Fey is a siren, a type of water-elemental succubus, who feeds on the pleasure of others. She can siphon small amounts of power just by being around people who like her, but her main source of energy is through sexual intercourse. Despite the stories about sirens, it is very rare for a human to be killed by succumbing to temptation. Prolonged ‘intimate contact’ with Fey can cause mental fatigue and dizziness, but this is nothing a good night’s rest can’t solve. To actually die the victim would have to gratuitously overindulge. However, such obsessions are not unheard of…