Feyfalken Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by AnonyMouse, May 6, 2014.

1. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

Reading any conversation Integra is involved in never fails to make me smile.

One day in and the buttons have already taken over the threads!

Pheonix likes this.
  2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

buttons marc the beginning of revolution

3. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

The nervous young man continued on, presumably to his quarters to change his trousers. Dorian began to wonder if, perhaps, his mission to soften Integra was in fact making her even stricter than usual. Was such a thing even possible?
    During a brief pause in the flow of incoming crewmen, Dorian found the perfect way to express his feelings on the matter. He turned to Integra and, with a straight face, said:

“You need to get laid.”

Epic moment.

4. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Is there anything interesting you can tell us about the black forest that we don't already know @AnonyMouse? I'm guessing there's literally nothing else around other than the airship and just horizon to horizon of sand.

Just a little curious :)

5. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

@Fan7asticMrFox
    That pretty much sums it up. I PM'd something to Keitsumah, which will move the plot along a little once Vlad discovers it. But, other than that, just dry trees and a chance to get out, stretch your legs, and interact. (If Keit doesn't post soon, someone else may make the discovery, since quite a few characters are either on the ground or headed out. If it comes to that, I'll clue you guys in on what I PM'd to her.) :)

6. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Alright, I'm home from a vacation where I only had access to my kindle. This means I'll have an easier time typing and keeping up with current developments. That thing is incredibly hard to type with. I need to get a laptop... Anyway, I'll be more active. Would anyone be interested in some extended interaction with Morgan? I'm pretty sure my character's flexible enough to have meaningful dialogue with anyone currently in the roleplay.

7. Mike Nemesis

I can't promise I will be friendly if you try hugging me but your welcome to strike up conversation with me Brandon once I get back from the excursion in the sands (assuming the trip doesn't end up with me in the infirmary or something!) If you have the basic version of the kindle like I do I would not like the thought of trying to post an extended RP post up on Kindle!

Is @Thomas Kitchen still active in the RP? Thought me might join the ground team before the action kicks off.

8. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

I just read about this game in the general role play thread (not the kickstarter one) and I am interested in joining! And I pinkie promise, no kiddie characters this time ;)

Now I'll bugger off to read up on the story. @AnonyMouse shall I PM my CS (once I make it) to you first so we can think of a way to write my character into the plot?

9. AnonyMouse

Great to see you. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. PM your CS to me for approval and so I can find a way to work you in. BTW, we don't have any player characters who work in engineering (like the engine room, boilers, maintenance crew, etc). I think it's about the only role aboard the ship untouched by any players. I'm just throwing that out as a suggestion... *wink*

10. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Mac. Mac! MAC!

Hey Mac :)

11. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Hi guys, sorry I've taken soooo long to appear. I'm afraid I won't be able to carry on with the RP because of other commitments, and I'll only be on the forums just to check up on things. Very sorry for the incovenience, and I hope it's not a major problem to just leave me out of the story now. At least you won't have a roommate anymore, @Mike Nemesis! ;)

Thanks everybody.

12. Macaberz

Thanks for the warm welcome @Fan7asticMrFox!

Also, if anyone is wondering why I've liked every post on the 2nd page. Well, I satiated my role-playing hunger on rpnation for a while and the difference in quality is astounding. This place is much, much better. No one-liners, no godmodding, (no twilight RP's), good quality posts, real characters, real plot. God damn it this is RP'ing heaven!

Love to Write likes this.
  13. Mike Nemesis

Hope it calms down for you Thomas. Welcome to the RP Mac glad your enjoying the posts.

Keitsumah and I have a collaboration post in the works assuming it doesn't all hit the fan today. Wondering what horrors AnonyMouse has planned for us.

14. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

@Macaberz

Mac, my old nemesis...

*dramatic music begins playing*

It has been far too long...

:D

Lol nice to see you!

Love to Write and Macaberz like this.
  15. Macaberz

Right, I have a lot of catching up to do...

16. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

TIME OUT! DETAIL ALERT!

(sorry i had to do this to Mac once when we did one of our own little rp's :p)

But I do realize that Vlad was in the center first- and saw the bodies. Hence the others should be able to see them (read: Vlad, Sabre, and six others) when they too come into that clearing? @Mike Nemesis and I are also working on a collab that involves some of the security going missing (still figuring out what held them up).

17. AnonyMouse

There can be more than one group of bodies, if necessary. In fact, it might work better if there's more than one. When I wrote that post with fox, I wrote it as if we're in a different neck of the woods. :)

Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion.

18. Mike Nemesis

My internet decided to self destruct last night and only just came back to life. Collab post is almost ready to go live, fun of working in different time zones.

I was just about to post up asking whether there were two groups then you posted mouse.

19. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Is it too late to join this majestic journey?

20. AnonyMouse

Nope. :) The door is still open and will remain open until I think the game is getting too crowded. I'm still waiting on a CS from @Macaberz (*glares in Mac's direction*) and @lixAxil is also waiting to jump in.

21. Macaberz

@AnonyMouse I am adding about 10 words a day to her CS. But all joking aside, for some reason I only ever think of working on the CS when I am supertired. Not only do I think and type slow in those moment, but my ideas kinda suck too so I redo it all the next night. Then rinse and repeat. I will get it done though. Tomorrow (procrastinators, who doesn't love them?)

22. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Here Anon, lemme give him a little "push" :D

Ohhhh Mackyyy remember when you told me you wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley? *insert evil smiley here* but seriously its interesting that you're trying a female character again. And unless she's the placid type, I'd imagine she'd be glaring daggers at me if i didn't get her done.

That's what Vlad did. *shudder*

23. AnonyMouse

Whoa, LTW liked my post? I thought you hated zombies. Anyway, you guys now have some action to respond to. :p

BTW, the ones near Vlad and company will be getting up as well and there may be other bodies scattered all over the forest too. (The gunshot mentioned in my post was supposed to be from the "missing" security team, but I left it vague. It could've come from Vlad and/or Christophe.)

24. Macaberz

Full Name: Clara Defaux
    Gender/Age: female, 26
    Job: Engineer.

Appearance:
    Clara is of a lithe build and stands about 5"8 tall. She is of caucasian complexion, and has brought many men to their knees with steel and revealing skin alike. Her hair is pitch black and often tied into a bun to keep it out of the way when fixing something. She has a few cuts on her arms but fortunately her standard attire hides those the same like her intentions. She has a small face with narrow cheeks, high cheekbones and a little up turned nose, not exactly intimidating but not entirely innocent either. She has swapped the standard white button-up shirt for a black one as her job often involves grease and charcoal smudges.

Personality:
    Clara is a devious, ambitious woman. From her early teens on out she has used her biggest asset, her own body, to climb up from the depths of hardship and step into the light. More than anything she yearns recognition from the world. Seizing the Feyfalken and all the treasures on it in the biggest heist the world has ever seen. It is her golden chance of becoming someone and she is hell-bent on accomplishing just that.Clarawon't let her stubborn nature get in the way of achieving whatever she has set her eyes on.

Background:
    Clara was born as the first and only daughter to a low-life woman of pleasure. As a result neither Clara nor her mother ever knew who the father was. There had been many clients. Yet her birth sparked a renewed sense of life into her mother who worked hard to sustain herself and the baby. When Clara was seven her mother no longer worked as whore but instead served as a maiden in a rich man’s mansion. One day she accompanied her mother to work and the owner of the estate immediately took a liking to her. She later came to understand that the man had no children of his own. And so it came to be that Clara was taken to the finest schools and was allowed in the Royal Academy of Engineering by the time she was eighteen.

Her protégé, Sir Walter Brooke, suffered a stroke and died not a year after, leaving all his belongings to her. But Brooke’s family had set their eyes on the massive heritage and managed to convince the courts with forged letters and cloak and dagger.

Disowned and deprived of the means to pursue her academic career, Clara and her mother were kicked back into poverty. Luckily, Sir Walter Brooke had never ceased to pay Clara’s mother and she could provide for herself with the reserves she had built over the years.

Clara roamed the docks for half a year, doing odd jobs to make ends meet. Then, she stumbled into an exotic man, almost twice her age but nothing less charming because of it. Perhaps it was the accent, perhaps it was the tanned skin or the flamboyant demeanour. Whatever it was, Clara fell head over heels for the man and jumped at the offer to work on his ship, Windwhipper. It was a small, old little thing, almost as black on the outside as the engine room on the inside.

It was here that she learned that looks could deceive. What looked like a pile of refitted and repurposed junk on the outside carried some serious kick. The ships’s Captain, James Taylor, swore it was the fastest ship around. Though Clara doubted this, she agreed that it was certainly one of the fastest. During her time on the Windwhipper she grew closer to James, and he to her. Together they sailed the clouds, smuggling goods and partaking in odd jobs of blackmailing and interrogating, enjoying a free and lawless life.

When she was 20 she birthed a son to James. Now parents, the young girl and fourty-something old man agreed that their child should not be exposed to the inherit risk of their profession. Though it pained her deeply to do it, Clara left James and returned to her mother with little Thomas.

James and Clara still met regularly, in great secrecy, but before her 25th birthday, James didn’t show up on the agreed upon time. Nor the day after, not even a week later, or a month…

Heartbroken and nearly through her mother’s savings (since that little pile of gold now had to provide for three), Clara decided to hunt for jobs again to give her son a chance of accomplishing what she never had, a degree from the university. Recognition, and ascending to the upper class.

It wasn’t until her 26th that her golden opportunity presented itself. She signed up as an Engineer on the Feyfalken, believing the journey could provide the wealth she so desperately craved for. And if the journey proved to be fruitless, she would put her skill as a smuggler and pirate to good use. What better price is there than to steal the nation’s greatest ship?

Skills: Clara is kept on her feet by three essential skills. First and foremost she knows the ins and outs of modern steam engines and is able to squeeze more juice out of them then they were ever intended to provide. Secondly she is skilled in deploying her looks to make her targets swoon over her. She rarely needs violence to get the things she wants, she only needs to wink, whisper and reveal some skin to make the sheep fall to her feet. Lastly, her years aboard the Windwhipper have hardened her to the standards of men. If all else fails, she isn’t afraid to use darker, violent means to accomplish her goals.

Misc: Aside from her uniform, which she keeps in perfect order, and toolbox, there really isn’t much else she carries around. If she would ever need a weapon, she’ll talk some silly security officer in handing it to her or will just plainly grab it. In the unlikely event that those should fail she will rely on a wrench to fight off whatever comes her way.

25. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Skeletons are different from zombies. Don't ask me why, they just are. :D Maybe cause they can't moan and groan. The just....rattle. Less creepy in my opinion. :p