1. Ghosts in Latin

Ghosts in Latin New Member

Fictional Earth?

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Ghosts in Latin, Feb 21, 2009.

How do you guys feel about a fictional Earth?

What I mean is, it's modern day. The planet is Earth, the species is Human. That's made clear in the book...

... but, instead of New York, it's something like Omega City. Would everything being the same but the actual course of cities / continents / etc. turn you off?

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Alternate history is done all the time. As long as there's an explanation or a hint for why this earth is different from our own I can find it just as entertaining as any other fictional universe.

Example: In Code Geass the reason the world is different is vague toughed as being related to the failure of the Romans to conquer Britain (meaning the Celts continued to control the Island), and among other things the victor of Napoleon in the Napoleonic Wars that caused the British Monarchy to switch its location to the colonies that never took independance.

As long as it's explained in a realistic fashion alternate reality is fine with me.

3. Leo

Leo New Member

I think if anything it would make the story far more interesting- it adds a lot of curiosity.