1. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Nobel Literature Prize 2014

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Lemex, Oct 12, 2014.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29553516

How does everyone feel about this? I must admit I like this guy as a person just from this artcle, but I, to be honest, had little reaction to the news. I've never heard of this writer before, which is oddly common amount Nobel laureates for me. I'm not sure what that means exactly.

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I mentioned in another thread that I had never heard of him. Apparently he's fairly popular in France, so it might not be as surprising for someone from France.

On a related note, the Nobel Prize in Literature doesn't seem as important as it once was. It has become sort of obsolete. Given social media and how connected we all are, it's easy to find out who the important writers of our generation are just by asking people over the internet. We don't need awards to find good writers anymore. So I have mixed feelings about this prize in general.