1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Christmas Idea

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Leaka, Dec 17, 2011.

I was having some ideas about a Christmas story. And not the usual Christmas is a special holiday story. Maybe something about death and violence, but not ridiculousness like the guy who made Christmas cookies from people's skin. An actual story about grieving on Christmas rather than a stupid murder. Or even better yet a Christmas story in the North Pole about Santa Claus himself dying.

2. DeAnnaClaudette

DeAnnaClaudette New Member

I always like the idea of a darker side of stories that are typically joyful. A darker Christmas tale, the death of Santa, the effects it has, not only on Christmas, but those closest to Santa. Mrs. Claus, the elves. Santa's village. Does Mrs. Claus find a way for XMas to go on? Or does she falls into the depths of despair and dies soon after, leaving Christmas to never be the same again? I think there are so many directions you can take a story like this.

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Yep. And the fact that I am giving Santa Claus a not so good rap.

I was slightly inspired by a santa letter of a young boy who was molested by the boy and thought maybe I should extend on this. lol.

4. DeAnnaClaudette

DeAnnaClaudette New Member

I see. Well, I do like the idea of the story. Truth is, there are many unhappy homes on XMas, and there should be more stories about that. I like the idea you have going. Would love to read it once you got going.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I just like what if Santa was not living in the North Pole because he wanted to. He was living in the North Pole because he was a criminal.

6. TeeBee2011

TeeBee2011 New Member

Guarded by vicious elves who thunder around on reindeer and only let Santa out once a year.