1. Snicket

Snicket New Member

Fighting Tournament

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Snicket, Mar 6, 2013.

If any of you have played Tekken or Mortal Kombat. Have there ever been novels based on a world fighting tournament with an intricate storyline going on? Is it even possible to do so?

2. TracyH

TracyH New Member

There have been Mortal Combat movies, so I'm sure there's books out there, not sure about Tekken. And of course it's possible, anything is possible in your own mind.

Start small, and keep adding until it's what you want it to be.

3. Snicket

Snicket New Member

I really do want to do a fighting tournament idea, it could be a series of novels. I think the only issue is it may be a large cast do to the fact that it's a fighting tournament.

4. Bimber

Bimber New Member

There probably is, I know there is Mortal Kombat fanfiction. Considering its more action than dialogue and stuff i wouldnt worry about how many characters you want to add to it, unless you want to do a backstory for everyone of them, but you will need to be very good at describing things and keep coming up with new ways how to describe each fight so that they dont all look alike.
    It has lots of potential(as every idea) depends on your approach and what you want.
    Do some research and try it out and if you like the idea write it, you wont find out by just thinking about it ;)

5. Snicket

Snicket New Member

I was considering that each chapter was a different chapter. I could select just a few of the fighters I want to focus on and then go from there. Each chapter would start with their name, the location, and which round it is. Such as:

Harper Fox- Disneyland Fountain Night- Semi-finals

etc.

6. Xatron

Xatron New Member

There are at least 2 mortal combat novels that i have read, not counting the short stories included in the collector's edition packs of the game.
    My guess is that you would have to focus on one or two of the characters participating or it will become difficult to follow your plot. You need a main character or two to keep a story afloat.

7. Snicket

Snicket New Member

That would be Eine. He would be and then maybe another character, I am thinking Emily. But I also had some other characters in mind so maybe the series with each book would focus on two different cast members?

8. DeathandGrim

DeathandGrim Senior Member

I'm a loyal part of the FGC and I'd say that you could write a series alone on Empire Arcadia's exploits

And 90% of would be true

9. Snicket

Snicket New Member

This is something I created all on my own. I was considering the whole book could be a collection of mini books. So each character has a let's say five chapters, and then in the final chapter just focus on the character who is the "main" to the story.

10. jwideman

jwideman New Member

Piers Anthony, I think, did a series on this. Ah yes, look up Battle Circle.

11. Snicket

Snicket New Member

I'll check it out.