1. W.D.Wallace

W.D.Wallace Member

First line

Discussion in 'Word games' started by W.D.Wallace, Apr 22, 2017.

Okay i will give the first line you fill in the rest. this is one of my favorite writing exercises. only rule must use the first line exactly.

"Magnus walked into the stone room blood dripping from his hands."

Good Luck hope to see some cool ideas

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

"He licked them clean and then went back into his pants for more."

Hatchling and Cave Troll like this.
  3. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Just then, there was the sound of his brother, who had walked in on him, vomiting.

4. Hatchling

Hatchling Member

His brother merely stood silently by the doorway with a raised eyebrow, waiting to see how long it would take Magnus to notice being caught red handed.

5. ame_trine

ame_trine Member

Oh, Gods, there was blood, there was blood all over his hands, dripping through his fingers onto the floor, soaking into the worn-out grey stone.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  6. TheNineMagi

TheNineMagi take a moment to vote

It was the soothing rain, the warriors had waited for, washing away the blood, as it fell upon this battlefield, bring solace to those who had survived the night.

7. TheNineMagi

"Abidan Noooo", she cried out in anguish, knees crumbling beneath her, as the wall behind her supported the fall, clutching a telegram no mother should ever have to read, " my son, what have they done to you."

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  8. Alistair Black

Alistair Black Member

The work of a butcher was never done, and for these customers Magnus would have to work through the night.

9. TheNineMagi

"Magnus walked into the stone room blood dripping from his hands." Well Magnus, are we ready for lunch, he had not looked up from his paperwork yet, scribbling away in the school's ledger. A cold wind swept the room, slamming the door behind Magnus, as the candles flickered. Magnus approached the dean, they were old friends, having grown up together in streets of Alinspade together. It was a quiet village nestled in the foothills, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Children still played in the streets, and doors were still left open at night. The neighbors all knew each other, mostly just another nondescript small town dotting the countryside between the vast orchards, sheep ranches, and grain farms.

"Magnus my god; what happened to you"

"The Wraith, the wraith" were his last words before collapsing to the floor.

"Martha, ... Martha, ... We need help!" a desperation in his voice as he yelled out for his assistant, and school nurse.

Martha, an older plump woman, with small round glasses and rosy cheeks, wearing a typical long dress with an apron above it, came running into room to find the Dean holding his friend Magnus. The look in the dean's eyes of dread, and helplessness, sent her into a fury of activity.

"Move, let him go professor. What happened here?" she still called him professor after all these years.

"I do not know, I just don't know"

She checked for a pulse, and shined a light in Magnus's eyes...

"Is... Is he going to be OK?"

"Get me some water, towels, ...and my sewing kit off the shelf in the infirmary."

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    W.D.Wallace likes this.