1. colorthemap

colorthemap New Member

Just finished And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by colorthemap, Mar 4, 2012.

To say the least the book was interesting, just as the previous titles were. I know I was supposed to be incredibly shocked by the ending but the killer made the most sense to me. No one else really had a motive. Although I did enjoy the book, especially the premise, I decided I'd come here and see what all of you think about it.

2. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I agree about the motive thing. The detective books that really hook me are the ones where EVERYONE has a credible motive, and everyone seems suspicious until the end. Either that, or the ones where the bad guy is obvious, but then they start to stalk or threaten the detective and there's suspense from that.

3. colorthemap

colorthemap New Member

Agreed even supposedly insane villains have to have motives, even if it is that they are insane. I just think And Then There Were None lacked that in most of the characters.

However when the Judge "died" I was surprised that the only one with a motive was gone, the end worked it all out though

4. Salama

Salama New Member

Not being much of an Agatha reader nowadays, I wouldn't mind if you SPOILED the ending here for me! It sounds intriguing.